Best Burger Joint? | Page 16 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best Burger Joint?

Anyone tried Union Burger?

I didn't see that anyone mentioned Master Steaks on Dixie in Mississauga. I stop there occasionally for a big, juicy burger and am in heaven every time. **** I'm hungry.
We used to go to Master Steak many times a year for their steak on a kaiser. Always open and hits the spot after a late night of partying. Great even for breakfast too.

What about best veggie burger? I liked the Big Smoke Burger on King St. West near Bathurst. I realize you're mostly meat eaters, but I'm always looking for a good veggie burger spot with good fries.

We used to go to Master Steak many times a year for their steak on a kaiser. Always open and hits the spot after a late night of partying. Great even for breakfast too.

What about best veggie burger? I liked the Big Smoke Burger on King St. West near Bathurst. I realize you're mostly meat eaters, but I'm always looking for a good veggie burger spot with good fries.

I worked on Shawson Dr., in the late '80s, and could walk to Master Steak for lunch. Loved the place.

Master Steak after the clubs back in the day....mmmmm!

If you happen to find yourself in the St. Catharines area, check out Guilty Burger on St. Paul East, hands down one of the best burgers I've ever had

Girlfriend and I ate at Johnny's a few years ago, both sicker than dogs.

That place is so dirty. I even commented on it when we went in, but she assured me it was the best. Shoulda listened to myself.

Girlfriend and I ate at Johnny's a few years ago, both sicker than dogs.

That place is so dirty. I even commented on it when we went in, but she assured me it was the best. Shoulda listened to myself.

The only thing that place ever had going for it was the price. Small pre-made burgers and a few ok fries, fine for the price you paid.

The old arsehole behind the counter is reason I stopped going. He forgets the customers are the ones with the money, and should be treated with something other then contempt..

Wimpy's in Barrie on Yonge st makes a pretty decent burger.

Dairy Freeze - St.Clair and Caledonia - good banquet burgers and strawberry milkshakes.

Don't think I've ever had a burger there...always been souvlaki of fish on a bun. Will try one.

How about Wahlburgers? More fluff than substance?

Also I have PnL burger on my list of places to try. Anyone been?

- Apache Burger on Dundas, Etobicoke....love the onion rings
- Chuck's Burger Bar on Locke in Hamilton..great burger, if you order the lobster poutine make sure you tell them to heat up the lobster meat as well.
- Lick's Burger, various places in the GTA...
- Super Burger on Hwy 89 was good, haven't been there in ages
- The Works - great burgers, they are opening one up on Upper James in Hamilton so I am looking forward to trying it out.
- The Burger's Priest recently opened a location on Upper James. They have a secret menu which has some interesting choices.
- Sonny's on Queen and Kennedy in Brampton was also a favourite hang out but I haven't been there in ages.

Of course as others have already pointed out there's nothing like a homemade burger on the BBQ. My local Fortinos are more than happy to create mammoth patties for me which I place on the BBQ with the smoked cheddar and all the fixin's delicious!

Cheers...

The Puslinch burger at the Old Marina Restaurant is good.

I love a good burger but after it became policy (health Canada) to not serve them medium rare at a lot of place I went off burgers. The odd spot will do still do you up a burger right but its sketchy.
IMHO a burger is a vehicle for all the goodness that goes with it, nice cheese and decent quality bacon. And some level of value, I don't want cheap but $18 works burgers aren't for me.
Palermo Pub at Dundas and #25 is my go to burger today, ask if they will make the outside crusty and keep the middle medium rare, and they will actually try, and they have cold barking squirrel beer.

Home made style burgers from The Friendly Butcher, and the buns from Ace Bakery, combined with the bbq in my backyard is the best for me. Anytime I eat burgers out, it's almost always a disappointment to how I could have it so much yummier at home, cooked and dressed to my liking, at 1/4 cost.

Last edited:
I rather enjoyed Fresh Burger a few times already since they've opened.
I've only visited their Richmond Hill location.
9206 Leslie Street, Richmond Hill
The burgers really are made fresh and it makes a big difference.

http://www.fresh-burger.com/

- Apache Burger on Dundas, Etobicoke....love the onion rings
- Chuck's Burger Bar on Locke in Hamilton..great burger, if you order the lobster poutine make sure you tell them to heat up the lobster meat as well.
- Lick's Burger, various places in the GTA...
- Super Burger on Hwy 89 was good, haven't been there in ages
- The Works - great burgers, they are opening one up on Upper James in Hamilton so I am looking forward to trying it out.
- The Burger's Priest recently opened a location on Upper James. They have a secret menu which has some interesting choices.
- Sonny's on Queen and Kennedy in Brampton was also a favourite hang out but I haven't been there in ages.

Of course as others have already pointed out there's nothing like a homemade burger on the BBQ. My local Fortinos are more than happy to create mammoth patties for me which I place on the BBQ with the smoked cheddar and all the fixin's delicious!

Cheers...

Apache -- my go to joint in high school, still love it.
Sonnys -- don't forget the fries and gravy
Licks -- still decent, fun atmosphere
Burger's Priest -- NEVER again
Works -- really enjoyed the original location in Ottawa. Not sure how the franchises measure up.
Super Burger -- ?? Added to my list.

Home made style burgers from The Friendly Butcher, and the buns from Ace Bakery, combined with the bbq in my backyard is the best for me. Anytime I eat burgers out, it's almost always a disappointment to how I could have it so much yummier at home, cooked and dressed to my liking, at 1/4 cost.

*waits for invite *

Back
Top Bottom