Are you old enough to remember these motorcycle shops in To? | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Are you old enough to remember these motorcycle shops in To?

I find your lack of Maico stickers disturbing.

ADCreHdWc5monPh17ZF-8ZCAv0Ge_NTfR8HSdcMPEtFFQ99Na54uvqE7Er_X_yzINGxzGxQ1cvyVSiwYk3edccwByiYwoQU43dYi_nPT40rNmELk8Ne8-oEWnI8FPguY7c8tamImc7vM2bvrO8mPUZJqkxUa=w504-h378-s-no
And no Jawa - what's wrong with you ?

in the 80s..those places were huge, and had so much stock they had trailers full of bikes.
Bikes were everywhere on the roads. We've turned into a nation of vaginas.
Why are all "M" license classes full to the rim if what you say is true? I think I see more motorcycles on the streets now than I did 10 or 20 years ago.

Why are all "M" license classes full to the rim if what you say is true? I think I see more motorcycles on the streets now than I did 10 or 20 years ago.
Or even 7 years ago.

Yeah, I think that all those thousands of people that ride e-bikes (some of them look like real motorcycles) fall in love and then go and get a real motorcycle afterwards.
No....i was referring to you replying to a 7 year old post.

Old enough to remember when John Clare rode motorcycles.

As to the ancient history of motorcycle shops in Toronto, Percy McBride started in 1909 on Yonge St. #343, I think, and was originally a bicycle and sporting goods dealer. He was, I believe, a bookkeeper by training. He handled the Excelsior brand of bicycles, made in Chicago and also eventually handled the Excelsior motorcycles, made in the same Chicago factory. When the owner of Excelsior, Ignatz Schwin bought the Henderson (4 cylinder) motorcycle business from the Henderson brothers around 1916-17, McBride became the Henderson importer and dealer for Canada until mid-1931 when Schwin ceased production of Henderson and Excelsior motorcycles. McBride was also a dealer for Indian, Francis-Barnett and (I think) Royal Enfield motorcycles by that time. In 1933, McBride became the dealer for Brough Superior motorcycles until 1940.
The McBride dealership, under that name, closed in 2006, after 97 years and 3 generations of McBrides.
AFJ
Didn't Brown's (which continues on to this day as a bicycle dealer) have a similar history ?

John once showed me photos of Honda's launch/introduction of the CBX in 1978.
Princess Gates at the Ex in the background.

John was a pretty fast enduro/woods rider BITD

As to the ancient history of motorcycle shops in Toronto, Percy McBride started in 1909 on Yonge St. #343, I think, and was originally a bicycle and sporting goods dealer. He was, I believe, a bookkeeper by training. He handled the Excelsior brand of bicycles, made in Chicago and also eventually handled the Excelsior motorcycles, made in the same Chicago factory. When the owner of Excelsior, Ignatz Schwin bought the Henderson (4 cylinder) motorcycle business from the Henderson brothers around 1916-17, McBride became the Henderson importer and dealer for Canada until mid-1931 when Schwin ceased production of Henderson and Excelsior motorcycles. McBride was also a dealer for Indian, Francis-Barnett and (I think) Royal Enfield motorcycles by that time. In 1933, McBride became the dealer for Brough Superior motorcycles until 1940.
The McBride dealership, under that name, closed in 2006, after 97 years and 3 generations of McBrides.
AFJ
Isn't Riders Choice an offshoot of McBrides?

Back
Top Bottom