Are you old enough to remember these motorcycle shops in To? | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Are you old enough to remember these motorcycle shops in To?

Trying to comb my memory for the name of a shop in Etobicoke/Mississauga ~15 years ago. Was a one man show, had great deals on closeout Shark helmets and sold that cheap import brand that was popular and then disappeared that had cheap/nice kangaroo leather gloves and other rebranded stuff.

Nice guy that ran it, hope he’s doing well.

Edit: I think it was called Pannon Sports

Yeah, his shop was in the same plaza as the Tim Horton's. I'll always associate that Tim's with the GTAM weekly Streetsville rides. Good times!

Trying to comb my memory for the name of a shop in Etobicoke/Mississauga ~15 years ago. Was a one man show, had great deals on closeout Shark helmets and sold that cheap import brand that was popular and then disappeared that had cheap/nice kangaroo leather gloves and other rebranded stuff.

Nice guy that ran it, hope he’s doing well.

Edit: I think it was called Pannon Sports
His name i think was Robert that owned pannon, Trevor Daley did take over that spot. Don't know if he is still open

Last edited:
Anyone remember a Ducati shop in Bridgeport near KW?

Attachments

• 1972 Dennis.jpg
    1972 Dennis.jpg
    440.4 KB · Views: 23
Anyone remember a Ducati shop in Bridgeport near KW?
Don't know the shop, but the Lichty family is still racing supermodifieds at the Oswego Speedway and on the ISMA tour.

Whatever happened to GSRacing? Gordon was a really nice guy. Last i remember he was selling Maicos.
I used to rip around with Gordon in the very early '70s when we were crazy kids, along with LH, who went on to achieve some m/c notoriety. He moved to the States, but comes back to visit. Last time I saw him was when we bumped into each other by chance in the '90s.

Reactions: TK4
Yes Parker Brothers I bought my 2007 KTM 990 Superduke there and McBrides I bought my fireblade back there in the day. I remember Ontario Honda on Queen west too. The old building and sign for Ontario Cycle Salvage is still there too on Kingston Road not that I ever shopped there.

Yes Parker Brothers I bought my 2007 KTM 990 Superduke there and McBrides I bought my fireblade back there in the day. I remember Ontario Honda on Queen west too. The old building and sign for Ontario Cycle Salvage is still there too on Kingston Road not that I ever shopped there.
O.H. was 1255 Queen St. East
Ontario Cycle Salvage was sold and bulldozed for a condo.

Yes sorry yes I meant Queen EAST not West use to pop in on occasion on the way home from work
"Half way between the Duke of York Tavern and the Beer Store, south side of Queen just east of Leslie."
I still have an original round O.H. sticker on my tool box.

I remember Parker Brothers being uncomfortable with me riding away on my VF500F in the rain after they put brand new tires on it haha. Nothing against them for that, just a funny memory

I remember Parker Brothers being uncomfortable with me riding away on my VF500F in the rain after they put brand new tires on it haha. Nothing against them for that, just a funny memory
Was that when PB was next door to Cycle World West? Might have been because they witnessed someone buy a brand new supersport at CW, ride out onto Dundas, nail the throttle, and promptly start spinning it on it's side on the roadway. Guy went back in and threatened to sue them for selling him a "too powerful bike." Or so a couple of long term employees told me.

Was that when PB was next door to Cycle World West? Might have been because they witnessed someone buy a brand new supersport at CW, ride out onto Dundas, nail the throttle, and promptly start spinning it on it's side on the roadway. Guy went back in and threatened to sue them for selling him a "too powerful bike." Or so a couple of long term employees told me.
I feel like this has to happen a few times a year outside every dealership in the country. Or at least it perhaps used to, before the widespread adoption of traction control

Daytona Motorsports Steeles Weston Road area. Very convenient for me for service and accessories.

My buddy just picked up an ‘86 VF500F as a second bike.
We were out on the weekend when the rear calliper seized. Luckily he wasn’t going very fast.
Gorgeous bike though!

Image1696350420.624605.jpg

My buddy just picked up an ‘86 VF500F as a second bike.
We were out on the weekend when the rear calliper seized. Luckily he wasn’t going very fast.
Gorgeous bike though!
I found it very worth the time to fiddle with the air assist suspension and the anti-dive settings. Recommend using a good pressure gauge and the wimpiest bicycle pump you can find. I forgot what the maximums are, check the manual first

I so badly wanted the Supertrapp exhaust for mine but it was already unobtanium when I got the bike

I bought my first bike an 84 GPZ 550 from Grand Prix Cycles on O'Connor. I miss that bike

Reactions: TK4

I find your lack of Maico stickers disturbing.

ADCreHdWc5monPh17ZF-8ZCAv0Ge_NTfR8HSdcMPEtFFQ99Na54uvqE7Er_X_yzINGxzGxQ1cvyVSiwYk3edccwByiYwoQU43dYi_nPT40rNmELk8Ne8-oEWnI8FPguY7c8tamImc7vM2bvrO8mPUZJqkxUa=w504-h378-s-no

I feel like this has to happen a few times a year outside every dealership in the country. Or at least it perhaps used to, before the widespread adoption of traction control

Well, apparently traction control won't prevent that from happening. At least not on a KTM.

I was friends with a lot of the staff at McBride, and wiping out leaving the dealership was a regular occurrence, and that included some really good riders who we used to razz.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom