Are you old enough to remember these motorcycle shops in To? | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Are you old enough to remember these motorcycle shops in To?

Researchers at U of T found this for me in their archives today. Walter Andrews ltd 531 Young Street. 1938. Love the prices.

Attachments

• walter 2.jpg
    walter 2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
"Whats her name" with the pink hair?
How is "what's her name " with the pink hair? Still have pink hair?

...and we hear the show isn't as good as it USED to be
It isn't as good as when Bar ran it.
Andrea. Nope, hairs not pink anymore and she's doing well.

I'm old enough to remember Envy Rides Ink; Combing the world of motorcycles and tattoos.
I keep forgetting the name of that place, but I'll always remember the nuclear explosion at the end

Seeing the mention of Kingston Road in previous posts, reminded me of a Ducati and Laverda dealer on the north side of Kingston Road near Galloway. As I commuted to work downtown and back daily on my RD350, I remember several times hearing a Laverda coming up behind me or nearby and immediately fell in love. Never owned one but always wished I had.

Seeing the mention of Kingston Road in previous posts, reminded me of a Ducati and Laverda dealer on the north side of Kingston Road near Galloway. As I commuted to work downtown and back daily on my RD350, I remember several times hearing a Laverda coming up behind me or nearby and immediately fell in love. Never owned one but always wished I had.
Pit Shop Cycle, run by a nice gentleman named Jerry.

Pit Shop Cycle, run by a nice gentleman named Jerry.
I use to go in there occasionaly , it was run by a Czech guy and his wife. Generally pretty nice but he could be pretty cranky if you caught him on a bad day.Dont remember his name but it could have been Jerry. Funny story about that guy. A few years after it closed I remember opening up a Cycle Canada Magazine in the mid 90’s and reading an article. One of their guys is in the Czech Republic at a a motorcycle race and sees a car with Ontario plates.The guy goes up to the driver, lo and behold it’s the the guy that use to own the Pit Shop. The Cycle Canada guy asked him what’s up with the Ontario plates. He said he had the car shipped over there and the government and police were so stupid that nobody had ever questioned him about it.I guess he moved back there after he retired.

This is one of the best topic threads I have seen here.

Does anyone recall the name of the Suzuki dealership that was situated on the west side of Mavis Rd, about 1 km south of Burnhamthorpe Rd in Mississauga ?

They were set up in the mid'80s but only stayed in business for a few years.

I wonder what those prices would equate today?
I was just thinking that. I bought a brand new 1980 Suzuki GS750 from Sonic Motorcycles in my last year of high school. I paid $3100 + 7% provincial sales tax. I made $3 an hour working minimum wage at Budget Rent A Car. So I had to work over 1000 hours to pay for that bike.

I wonder what those prices would equate today?

$400 in 1938 would be about $8,000 in 2022 dollars according to this calc:

Whatever happened to GSRacing? Gordon was a really nice guy. Last i remember he was selling Maicos.

When you hold business meetings at the strip club located in the same strip mall........

As always, ask Helmut. He was the Maico importer prior to. Usual good stories surrounding the whole deal.

The GS booth at the '79 show. PE Building @ the Ex.

3a_BXfmFmsT88sAF0m-_aWoSvLN0xvbNnzE397bu8NAXz9FH0iTIYy8ZKlO5qAZ9kbk_w0fLhpMlp56u3FqaKLqFUAyMB1zRn-bIcwbPoEh86IiPpjefSIVIpBYbMszeESipO5IT4Pdkc3uWxG7DuCwvCTwYmKlmbEyCaOe37YIjvKRbon477jpzVswD5w0xCJAq5yw6pJoOYpvGcCZORh6eOWT4A21yP9LzUaKxG5a51SC-lSkCzkOWoCxEaZvy1XhgUOIM--AZtIzmuYog84UPZ1_i9cVHPUiuK2jGcnvKC1mGjWdQteMRIHqAF2xlZBRfArYHYhtS1aR2evTpeEGFgF3D3Nl7I4wIT1hmTEqM4QecPAmiyppVWsKcRtAoIRt5S_LrPckgNnIBnWOTbwcs4te7FEsFLLWDHgdw6ocetF3YmF0kFwdBOdEPhjl3E_npI0LyAD3-PHyNy-BATuYNs67dFj3aiQaL1vSNRNWRMq1lT0CVXeiET4TLIYNCdMH2i6tlgsW0vC1ioTzWzmZ2s7veRAS55zTmenkhmvSDepdheDSauMUVt9YmCfbzRbtxlJeld3vwylUDPL52oebF9a17Zq-0Nr6W851qYTzHbR8-X5lMOJc_6cGbZqgnjclbaYU7Rt7qSPbiyxcMoaTgptJje__ebfbNQtniAGS7pX_wcxLCezZbsZiXnBCQTMxWQeH9S8bW1-sOlsVnLu7NOHGXcFZHGyUNdWJWgdYS3bJCmnGvC7BjkYqg8VlYqgsgEg-VKQioWf_KECoX2e3yPljD4yhAUYw6IFk7squ6q5uiaZzQqeUFDNHqcrcQYPqY7TWwjedJizh_cCl8JDoE_lHTcXTQ6WTlpUZKae2dnCmwFhBl1wgS6BZd5alrgveNxtsTNpVf2MzXazRupYI9QPPHI1kQunoOvwT0aZn_=w877-h589-no

Trying to comb my memory for the name of a shop in Etobicoke/Mississauga ~15 years ago. Was a one man show, had great deals on closeout Shark helmets and sold that cheap import brand that was popular and then disappeared that had cheap/nice kangaroo leather gloves and other rebranded stuff.

Nice guy that ran it, hope he’s doing well.

Edit: I think it was called Pannon Sports

Trying to comb my memory for the name of a shop in Etobicoke/Mississauga ~15 years ago. Was a one man show

There was a guy in Mississauga that sold the Nexo gear. That's probably it.

Last edited:
Trying to comb my memory for the name of a shop in Etobicoke/Mississauga ~15 years ago. Was a one man show, had great deals on closeout Shark helmets and sold that cheap import brand that was popular and then disappeared that had cheap/nice kangaroo leather gloves and other rebranded stuff.

Nice guy that ran it, hope he’s doing well.

Edit: I think it was called Pannon Sports
Almost forgot about pannon motorsports

Sent from the future

Back
Top Bottom