Anyone using Plasti-dip???? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone using Plasti-dip????

So this stuff comes in spray cans? I thought it was just a can that you literally dip tools into...

How does it compare to bedliner?

It's going to peel if you're planning to use it as a bedliner..

It's basically a temporary paint that you can peel. Bunch of youtube vids on it.

So is this more for aesthetics or is there an actual use for it?
Those up close pics looks pretty damn good. Now I'm debating whether I like this "plasti-dip" or the matte look.
Does this stuff scratch off easily? Do the elements have any effect on the dip?

Last edited:
There are spray cans and there "paint" that you can apply with a brush.
Never tried the latter.

Its not only aesthetics, it can kinda "protect" your paint.

I don't even know if you can brush it... You can only spray it. It comes in spray cans and cans to fill your spray guns.
It could protect your paint from small rocks depending on speed/size of rocks and where you apply it.

Found Moar Plasti-Dip!

$17/can
Yeah, it's a bit pricey. But for 1or2 cans it's worth it. Any more, it's more cost-effective to have 'em shipped to the border.

They've got a bunch of colours - White, Black, Ghost, Clear, Red, Camo(Green/Beige), and Neon Orange & Blue (shipment arrives end of month)

TooFastMotors
468 Victoria Park Avenue #7
Toronto, ON M4A 2M2, Canada

Last edited:
I want to dip my tank. Anyone know if it'll hold up to the friction in the knee/tummy area? I could always get tank pads but, let's say I didn't.

It'll hold up as long as you're not wearing really rough pants. You can always put more layers too.

I go back/forth to the States every now and then, last time I went I picked up a few spraycans of black PlastiDip (that was all they had, plus the actual dip cans) but I didn't see any colors.

IF anyone's interested and lives near brampton/sauga or is willing to pick up, I can buy them there and sell them to you for like $10/can

The 'wait time' is unpredictable though, usually I Get told to go a few days before but I can start stocking up on a few cans each time if there's enough people who want 'em.

I've only tried using the plastidip spray on some old safety goggles. They look badass and it peels right off. I even plastidip's my business card and you could still see the font slightly raised with 1 thin coat. The stuff stinks like any aerosol though just fyi.

It'll hold up as long as you're not wearing really rough pants. You can always put more layers too.
I go back/forth to the States every now and then, last time I went I picked up a few spraycans of black PlastiDip (that was all they had, plus the actual dip cans) but I didn't see any colors.
I even plastidip's my business card and you could still see the font slightly raised with 1 thin coat.

I usually wear jeans or leathers/textile. How rough are you talking?

Where did you go in the states? I only found black at Home Depots. Gotta love $6/can. Their site shows locs with other colours but I didn't have enough time to go around.

How did you use it on your business cards? I want embossment/Spot varnish on mine but it's a bit pricey.

Yeah that should be fine. I mean I tried to rub off the plastidip on the safety goggles and it doesn't come off and I only sprayed 2 layers.

Yep, I got mine at the Home Depot but they only had Black as well. I'm not sure what other stores will carry it but next time I'm down I might visit a few hardware stores. Red and white plasti dip would be awesome.

I literally used the plastidip spraycan on my business card lol just for my first test. It soaked up some of the spray though so its heavier/thicker. Doesn't come off either though. It was just *one* business card haha

I bought gallons of it directly from the manufacturer a few years ago. I use it to dip clamps in for use here in the Chemistry lab. It works well, but there are a few solvents to avoid, such as toluene. I haven't tried it with Gasoline. The nice thing is, you can take it to your local paint store, and they can tint it just like a paint. I did this with the white and tinted it eight different colours, so each locker on a bench has a different colour and it's easy to see who left one out.

Oh no way! I never thought of getting it mixed for color

I contemplated getting the dip, but I would only need to use it on my tomahawk. Thing gives me blisters if you don't use it wearing gloves

It won't hold up on a tank. Two guys I know did their tanks and it came off within a couple days of aggressive riding. I did my truck wheels, as mentioned it absorbs dirt. I found s100 gets it clean but a coat of clear would be best. Basically any place you're gonna touch it'll Peel off pretty fast

Just wondering who else is using plasti-dip? I did the frame on my 929rr tonight, will be doing heel guards and swing arm on the weekend, I also did the front and rear bumpers and chrome grill trim with plasti-dip on my sierra.

cimg0565r.jpg

cimg0566s.jpg

cimg0560q.jpg

cimg0556n.jpg

is your truck lifted?

id say yes kellen, ive got a crew cab like that and mine doesnt sit that high

id say yes kellen, ive got a crew cab like that and mine doesnt sit that high

going to look at two 08 crew Z71s tomorrow, one black one silver...I want to black out the chrome like that too

With plastidip you have got to watch out when filling with gas. a slight dribble onto the surface will ruin the area. I helped a couple friends of mine spray their car and truck a few months ago. It turned out pretty good, however one evening one friend forgot to use a rag as a bib when pulling out the fuel nozzle during filling up and a little dribble made a patch down the paint. Which isn't a big deal to just respray the area.

Back
Top Bottom