Anyone use Batteryclerk.ca? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone use Batteryclerk.ca?

Quality control dictates battery life as well. How many have you seen that were defective right out of the box ? I'll guess a few.
The likelihood of that happening with a really, really cheaply made battery is exponentially higher.
The initial service is critical - fill, let sit so the cells can soak, then put on a slow charge (tender) until ready.
I worked for a company that was getting ridiculous warranty requests from two separate dealers for wet cell (good quality) battery failures.
We did an audit, and found they were using it as a 'free battery promo' for anybody who brought one back regardless of age or condition.
They were also making just plain fraudulent requests, then putting the replacements into inventory to be resold at a later date.
Not that it has anything to do with the topic at hand, just sayin'...
Are all these agm not factory filled?

Sent from the future

Quality control dictates battery life as well. How many have you seen that were defective right out of the box ? I'll guess a few.
The likelihood of that happening with a really, really cheaply made battery is exponentially higher.
The initial service is critical - fill, let sit so the cells can soak, then put on a slow charge (tender) until ready.
I worked for a company that was getting ridiculous warranty requests from two separate dealers for wet cell (good quality) battery failures.
We did an audit, and found they were using it as a 'free battery promo' for anybody who brought one back regardless of age or condition.
They were also making just plain fraudulent requests, then putting the replacements into inventory to be resold at a later date.
Not that it has anything to do with the topic at hand, just sayin'...
In a past life I was involved with warranty claims for batteries. In that company, battery warranties ended at the dealer (probably triggered by the stupidity you saw). Every order of batteries got a discount of x% to cover any potential warranty claims that may arise.

In a past life I was involved with warranty claims for batteries. In that company, battery warranties ended at the dealer (probably triggered by the stupidity you saw). Every order of batteries got a discount of x% to cover any potential warranty claims that may arise.
I like that. "Don't even call, you're on your own."

Just got the email that the battery has shipped...we'll see how long it takes to get to me.

Their batteries consistently come up as stupidly cheap, and the reviews of the site are fairly bad, but at $50 for a motorcycle battery...it's tempting for sure.

For reference, other sites are coming up from $130-180 for the 'same' battery.

Some sellers are sending the battery and acid separately and the buyer is responsible for the fluid to be put in, and then charged. Not sure how long my little trickle charger would take to get this small battery charged up.
Could you use your EV charger?

1709045535721.png

I got six years out of an inexpensive Walmart battery before I took it out.
I purposely bought it slightly oversized for the WeeStrom, and it would no longer fit with a custom seat.
It's still sitting in my garage, I should throw it on the trickle charger and see if it's still good.

Walmart batteries are made by East Penn - they white-label most house brand batteries these days (NAPA, Canadian Tire, Green&Ross, among others)... And they're managed by the vendor, so they're rotated and fairly fresh.

And if it means anything, I was "auto electric" guy for a long time and have never seen any difference in the "quality" of batteries. If battery A puts out the same power as battery B, they are equivalent... the only difference is price and warranty.
Your charging system and how much abuse you throw at the battery dictates how long your battery lasts, not the name on the label.
If you keep tabs on your battery charge level, it will never leave you stranded... your charging system does that for you.
It's not like the battery is gonna spring a leak... it's a tub of acid with some lead in it... it's a pretty simple thing to make.
Ever ready got sued, and they had to change their ad campaign FROM: Ever ready is the longest lasting... TO: Nothing outlasts Ever Ready... because all dry cells are the same... same with lead acid... cuz they're basically all the same. When you're buying dry cells, buy the freshest one you can find. They start discharging the moment the anode hits the cathode (when they put acid in it)

This... I'm in the battery business - mostly telecom and reserve; but batteries are batteries.

There's only about 3-4 companies that make batteries; and label them for OEMs, "Name Brands" and off-labels... you're paying for the name and warranty - the product itself isn't any different.

I have no clue what you’re saying…
Then I guess you don't have one. Simple device, uses a wire that heats up to load the battery with 100A or so and an analog volt meter so you can see how the battery holds up under load.

bt100_image__65143.jpg

Or disable your fuel pump and try starting it a bunch of times.

I'm sure its fine. Just curious, is warranty still optional on those?

Back
Top Bottom