Anyone use Batteryclerk.ca? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone use Batteryclerk.ca?

My last Yuasa battery was found on Amazon.
Best price and it was a local shop out of Windsor area.
Called them up and they offered same price, free shipping and they didn't get hit with Amazon fees.

I posted about it here at the time. I'll see if I can dig up the post.

If not Yuasa I would go for a good reply.
Halton industrial supply can cross reference it and provide good pricing.

DONT DO IT.

I went through 3 of those from these guys and they were all crap. Didn't hold a charge. Ended up getting was from Halton industrial at the time l.
It was for my old R6 that I was selling.
Damn....just ordered it.

Thanks @Scuba Steve I placed the order, so now I'll see what happens and hopefully won't have the same issue as @oioioi

Damn....just ordered it.

Thanks @Scuba Steve I placed the order, so now I'll see what happens and hopefully won't have the same issue as @oioioi
What was the damage?

I would cancel and find something better.

They ship out of Whitby I think.
They are all over amazon and Walmart etc.

Last edited:
So now you have to wait for it - and saved maybe $25 by not buying local ? I don't see a win here.
It’s in Ajax I’d say it’s fairly local.

EDIT: also each shop I called the price was $180-216.

FYI: Search results for: 'yt12b-bs' | GP Bikes

Concrete aside, lead is lead. What it really comes down to is how well it's been activated and stored. The Yuasa YT12B-BS is shipped with the acid separate and is activated by the customer (or in the case of GP Bikes, they activate it and charge it for you prior to shipping). If you're not in a rush you can wait to see if GP is having a no tax event, although they haven't been having them every month like they used to. Last time I bought mine it was $125 tax in from them.

FYI: Search results for: 'yt12b-bs' | GP Bikes

Concrete aside, lead is lead. What it really comes down to is how well it's been activated and stored. The Yuasa YT12B-BS is shipped with the acid separate and is activated by the customer (or in the case of GP Bikes, they activate it and charge it for you prior to shipping). If you're not in a rush you can wait to see if GP is having a no tax event, although they haven't been having them every month like they used to. Last time I bought mine it was $125 tax in from them.
Already bought. So I’ll report back on what the charge is when it comes in.

Honestly for $65…so long as it lasts 2+ years I’m happy.

EDIT: Correction….its $56.48 all in with tax and shipping.

Last edited:
If it means anything... I need a couple of batteries... cheap is good.
I searched that website for two batteries, and both times their search returned the wrong battery
You might want to check the CCA and dimensions of the battery you bought.

And they sell a battery for a 1982 Ducati Pantah... WHY????

And if it means anything, I was "auto electric" guy for a long time and have never seen any difference in the "quality" of batteries. If battery A puts out the same power as battery B, they are equivalent... the only difference is price and warranty.
Your charging system and how much abuse you throw at the battery dictates how long your battery lasts, not the name on the label.
If you keep tabs on your battery charge level, it will never leave you stranded... your charging system does that for you.
It's not like the battery is gonna spring a leak... it's a tub of acid with some lead in it... it's a pretty simple thing to make.
Ever ready got sued, and they had to change their ad campaign FROM: Ever ready is the longest lasting... TO: Nothing outlasts Ever Ready... because all dry cells are the same... same with lead acid... cuz they're basically all the same. When you're buying dry cells, buy the freshest one you can find. They start discharging the moment the anode hits the cathode (when they put acid in it)

And if it means anything, I was "auto electric" guy for a long time and have never seen any difference in the "quality" of batteries. If battery A puts out the same power as battery B, they are equivalent... the only difference is price and warranty.
Your charging system and how much abuse you throw at the battery dictates how long your battery lasts, not the name on the label.
If you keep tabs on your battery charge level, it will never leave you stranded... your charging system does that for you.
It's not like the battery is gonna spring a leak... it's a tub of acid with some lead in it... it's a pretty simple thing to make.
Ever ready got sued, and they had to change their ad campaign FROM: Ever ready is the longest lasting... TO: Nothing outlasts Ever Ready... because all dry cells are the same... same with lead acid... cuz they're basically all the same. When you're buying dry cells, buy the freshest one you can find. They start discharging the moment the anode hits the cathode (when they put acid in it)
Quality control dictates battery life as well. How many have you seen that were defective right out of the box ? I'll guess a few.
The likelihood of that happening with a really, really cheaply made battery is exponentially higher.
The initial service is critical - fill, let sit so the cells can soak, then put on a slow charge (tender) until ready.
I worked for a company that was getting ridiculous warranty requests from two separate dealers for wet cell (good quality) battery failures.
We did an audit, and found they were using it as a 'free battery promo' for anybody who brought one back regardless of age or condition.
They were also making just plain fraudulent requests, then putting the replacements into inventory to be resold at a later date.
Not that it has anything to do with the topic at hand, just sayin'...

Back
Top Bottom