Anyone use Batteryclerk.ca? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone use Batteryclerk.ca?

Then I guess you don't have one. Simple device, uses a wire that heats up to load the battery with 100A or so and an analog volt meter so you can see how the battery holds up under load.

bt100_image__65143.jpg
As GG says, the performance under load is a better marker than the voltage reading of the battery.

I am no expert, but these are the basics that as an ex-Marine Engg that I remember.
Volts = the pressure pushing the electric current.
Watts = the power it takes for the battery to actually do something i.e. moving the "load".
Amperage = the strength of the electric current. The larger the amperage, the more electricity can flow through the circuit.

(Am open to correction, the above explanation was dragged out from class memories of many moons ago)

I think you can also take it to CT and they will do a proper battery test for you. Free service at the service desk.

I think you can also take it to CT and they will do a proper battery test for you. Free service at the service desk.
You are more likely to have success with this at Part Source. Not all CTs are equipped to test small batteries

This takes over an hour. Dad bought a moto master battery and the thing died within 10 months. 2hrs to test, and walked out with a free new battery.

As for my battery. Put on trickle charger and 30min later it was fully charged.

Shows 13.23V.

Back
Top Bottom