Anyone into gardening here? | Page 69 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone into gardening here?

Looking for suggestions for storage of Dahlia bulbs/tubers. Have read about sawdust, wrapped in newspaper?
I have stored canna lily bulbs in open air in milk crates in a cool, dry area with great success.

We have tried sawdust/newspaper etc. The main thing is to make sure they are reasonably dry though or they will start to rot. Stored in an unheated garage we get about a 70% recovery from stored bulbs. We store them in cut down paper leaf bags and make sure there’s a fair bit of room between the bulbs.

I’ve pulled them up from the ground shook the earth off what would fall off put them in a hanging pot in the root cellar. No wrapping or saw dust. Has worked for me for the last 4 years now (used to throw out before) The pot is made out of pressed cardboard peat moss.

Added a bunch of daffodils around the front yard, lets hope the bulbs from last year come back up alongside them. Giving alliums a 2nd chance (they didnt come out at all the first time around) and hopefully the crocuses as well.

Put some netting for the non daffodils since the squirrels seem to stay away from the daffs by default :D

I built a mini seed library for my community
ST47XRN.jpg

GsrgREz.jpeg
Divided my water lily today, would anyone want the half of the tuber that I’m not keeping?
If I remember correctly, it’s the James Brydon hardy water lily.
Pretty pink flowers in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom