Anyone else out still riding on the nice days? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone else out still riding on the nice days?

Certainly rideable all week tho cold. +5 is a bit low for me to ride for fun up to the Forks. Kid is okay commuting 10 km.
Sunday is supposed to be 7 and sunny....and next Wednesday up to 9. Kid and I both have decent gear but may have to address cold feet.

looks like they are calling for a good chance of above avg temps the next couple of months...

s123pfe1t_cal_comb.gif

It's hard to predict long term weather, I hope it's true though.

The smaller the region the greater the uncertainty but when you have a record El Nino in the Pacific you can pretty much count on warmer for the east coast, wetter and more unsettled.
If the polar vortex breaks tho then we could be in for some vicious cold and snow as the warm air flowing up from the gulf hits that air which is normally confined in the high Arctic.
That's what happened last November.

This El Nino is expected to last well into 2016 so there may be a wealth of warmish late season riding if you are content with it being on the damp side.

Might go out for a ride tonight, this whole week looks super nice now.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I rode everyday to work until about a week ago, then I took the car one day and now I am too lazy to continue to ride... damn it.

I will be riding this weekend though

Almost gave in this morning. Were it not for wet streetcar tracks, I would be more game.

I'm riding in tomorrow.

I rode to and from Hitting the Apex yesterday. Lots of people came to chat as I was getting ready to go after the movie. Saw a bit of snow on the way home. Didn't love that the highway is so close meaning my 2 stroke wasn't even close to warming up by the time I hit the highway. It didn't blow up so I guess it did ok. Still wasn't fully warm when I got off at Allen & Eglinton in the end.

Almost gave in this morning. Were it not for wet streetcar tracks, I would be more game.

I'm riding in tomorrow.

Loose grip and elbows up. Also no shame in steering with the throttle. Hope that helps.

Dear December, keep it coming. I'll ride year round if I get the chance. Can't say I'm missing the car, either.

Kid will ride all week and next week...6 is borderline for me - I will do it if touring but not for a coffee shop run.

Still comuting four days a week from Hamilton to Mississauga regardless of the weather. Put a Metzeler Wintec Feel Free tire on the back and a whole bunch of orange LED's on the Burgman. Kinda look like a parade float, but there is no not seeing me! Will be going year round as I no longer own a a car. Will not ride to work when there is actual snow on the road, but everything else is fair game.. Cheers

Last edited:
Kid will ride all week and next week...6 is borderline for me - I will do it if touring but not for a coffee shop run.

?? I will do it for coffee run but not for touring. No kids.

You guys are lucky, it's about 4-6 degrees chillier in Lindsay/Haliburton than Toronto :( spun the tires quite a bit when I was out, I think it might really be time to hang them up

Back
Top Bottom