2024 rate | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2024 rate

TD raised the insurance on my gsxr600 by $200 a year.

Luckily that bike is now gone.

The quote for the street triple is down $200 from the gsxr quote... so I'll basically be paying the same this year as last, when I fix and insure the new to me bike.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
I have noticed that some riders get a significant increase for now good reason.

So far I've been lucky.

I've been anxiously waiting for my renewal letter the last week or so. Still isnt here.
Finally logged into my TD online access and the renewal rate is there.
Going up from $1183 to $1210. Up by $27.

TD has been the cheapest out of all the places I called in the last 4 years. I might give a few of them a call (again) but I have a feeling I will be staying with TD. My renewal date is April 1.

2020 Suzuki DL 1050

No claims
No Tickets
Not bundles with anything
Address in Milton.
Licensed since 2005
40 male, married.
Group discount applied (Ryerson university)

Make sure you try all groups you can. Variation between groups can be 30% for the same rider and vehicle.
If I remember correctly, I had provided a few options that I could have when signing up originally and there was no difference between them. Or possibly this was the best one. But good point for others.

Unfortunately you cannot stack them.

Sigh of relief today.

Signed new policy for 1 supersport with www.tdinsurance.com. tried to buy directly online but did not let me so had to call them to close the deal. $5-$10 increase per month compared to last provider but with my speeding ticket in 2023, i'm not losing sleep over this.

Asked about adding more bikes and a car, and the phone agent said they can do that anytime, so will add the rest later this week.

Back in business...

For those interested or unaware (As I was)

CAA does not offer motorcycle insurance. I call them directly asking for a quote but the referred me to their partner " My Insurance Broker" .

Working on getting a quote from them.

CAA does not offer motorcycle insurance. I call them directly asking for a quote but the referred me to their partner " My Insurance Broker" .

Just got a quote from My Insurance Broker through Wawanesa. $1303 annually.

I think this was my one and only call trying to find something cheaper than TD. No point in wasting time. I can live with the slight increase over last years quote.

They lady at My Insurance Broker confirmed that CAA does not do motorcycle insurance.

Yes. MIB. They are my broker for my home and cars. I think they partner with HD insurance.

Sigh of relief today.

Signed new policy for 1 supersport with www.tdinsurance.com. tried to buy directly online but did not let me so had to call them to close the deal. $5-$10 increase per month compared to last provider but with my speeding ticket in 2023, i'm not losing sleep over this.

Asked about adding more bikes and a car, and the phone agent said they can do that anytime, so will add the rest later this week.

Back in business...

change of plans.

pivoted and went with Definity Insurance via NFP.

half price (annually) compared to what i was last paying (2 supersports, 1 HD). however, catch is i am now only paying for [1] liability, [2] standard accident, [3] uninsured auto, [4] direct compensation - property damage.

NFP broker told me Definity cannot be beat in bare bones MC insurance. once you request additional coverage, the other insurers have Definity beat.

i'm happy now...

change of plans.

pivoted and went with Definity Insurance via NFP.

half price (annually) compared to what i was last paying (2 supersports, 1 HD). however, catch is i am now only paying for [1] liability, [2] standard accident, [3] uninsured auto, [4] direct compensation - property damage.

NFP broker told me Definity cannot be beat in bare bones MC insurance. once you request additional coverage, the other insurers have Definity beat.

i'm happy now...
Do you mind me asking how much you pay? Most often, collision/comprehensive isn't that much extra. Usually it's accident benefits that make up the majority of the cost of motorcycle policies.

Do you mind me asking how much you pay? Most often, collision/comprehensive isn't that much extra. Usually it's accident benefits that make up the majority of the cost of motorcycle policies.
i think youre right. i do remember asking about collision/comprehensive, and it was probably $300-400 per year difference. not much, but then again, book value of my bikes arent much either

I've been anxiously waiting for my renewal letter the last week or so. Still isnt here.
Finally logged into my TD online access and the renewal rate is there.
Going up from $1183 to $1210. Up by $27.

TD has been the cheapest out of all the places I called in the last 4 years. I might give a few of them a call (again) but I have a feeling I will be staying with TD. My renewal date is April 1.

2020 Suzuki DL 1050

No claims
No Tickets
Not bundles with anything
Address in Milton.
Licensed since 2005
40 male, married.
Group discount applied (Ryerson university)

Full coverage
2 mil liability.
$300 deductable.
Got a quote from Desjardins today.
Not as high as others but still a little more than TD.
They came in at $1223 for 1 mil liability and 500 deductible.

I wasn't really looking anymore but they were at the home show so I inquired.

Just got my renewal from Desjardins (Agents - formerly State Farm). $300,000 liability, $500 deductible comprehensive, no collision (even though it's only another $100/yr). Separate umbrella liability policy that adds another $1M to all my other policies which works out to an extra $50/yr per vehicle. Clean record, located in Mississauga:

1988 Honda Hawk GT $614/yr - up from $25/yr for grandfathered comprehensive only
2010 KTM 990 SMT $757/yr - down from $830/yr in 2023
2008 SXV 450 $523/yr - down from $525/yr in 2023
I also got a quote for a leftover 2023 FTR Carbon at $1277/yr

As long as I'm around $1/cc/yr, I'm happy. The SXV is creeping up from the $358/yr it started at in 2018, though. If my plans for the 990 work out, I may no longer need the SXV insured.

I also noticed for the first time:
20% Discount - Drive and Ride

This didn't make sense to me since State Farm wouldn't insure motorcycles unless you had a car with them, so maybe Desjardins does now and this is part of the discrepancy that people are reporting. I still don't get multi-line or multi-vehicle discounts applied to the motorcycle policy as I do for my other policies I have with them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom