Desjardins

$1347 for two bikes. 1997 CBR 1100 and 2000 SV650s

No claims
No Tickets
Bundled with home and car
Address in Orangeville.
40 male common law.
That’s pretty good.

FJR $760 (switch to other bikes when required)
SP125 $220
QT50 $130
PolarisATVs $323 ea.

Desjardins too

As I recall, the government okayed 20% premium increases last year. Be interesting to see if those who didn’t get hammered last round (like moi) will be picking up the phones this time.

As I recall, the government okayed 20% premium increases last year. Be interesting to see if those who didn’t get hammered last round (like moi) will be picking up the phones this time.
Mine hasn’t gone up in 3 years, even with a doozie speeding badge.

Waiting on CAA on the cars and house. I have my pace on 4 cars, the drilled last year below $300 each for the first 3000 km.

Mine hasn’t gone up in 3 years, even with a doozie speeding badge.

Waiting on CAA on the cars and house. I have my pace on 4 cars, the drilled last year below $300 each for the first 3000 km.
Love my pace keeps my premiums under $200 on the vehicles I hardly use

Sent from the future

What is pace?
It’s a CAA plan that covers good drivers only, you must be demerit free.

The first 3000 km cost $200-300/ year, then every additional 1000km costs 1/3rd of your premium. At 12000 km there are no more fees.

It’s great if you keep a beater pickup or sunny day car. I keep my old Spitfire, RAM, an older CTS and a beater Jeep Commander I keep up north- all are below $300 annually.

I wish they had a motorcycle program.

The first 3000 km cost $200-300/ year, then every additional 1000km costs 1/3rd of your premium. At 12000 km there are no more fees.

It’s great if you keep a beater pickup or sunny day car. I keep my old Spitfire, RAM, an older CTS and a beater Jeep Commander I keep up north- all are below $300 annually.

I'll have to call them then...I only do about 50 km/week and that's during the school year...we use hubby's truck on weekends and during the summer...thanks for that!

Received in the mail today.

Desjardins

$1347 for two bikes. 1997 CBR 1100 and 2000 SV650s

No claims
No Tickets
Bundled with home and car
Address in Orangeville.
Licensed and insured since 2003
40 male common law.

Edit: $50 less than last year

Got my renewal emailed to me this morning:
$747 - $60 increase over last year
2023 Yamaha MT-10 SP
$2m liability, full coverage
No claims
No tickets
Bundled with home and 2 cars (one commuter and one summer)
Waterloo region, but not in the city
Licensed and insured since 2007
42, married

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

CAA MyPace is great. I use it on my summer toy car and yeah, wish they had it for motorcycles too.

CAA MyPace is great. I use it on my summer toy car and yeah, wish they had it for motorcycles too.
Not sure it's that inexpensive compared to the regular policy I have. Maybe equal? I pay $800/year for a 2015 Porsche Boxster. Just fire and theft for 5 months so works out to about $550. 5000kms/year allowed

I am assuming they don't have agreed value policies? I'd be worried about the spitfire in a crash. Not a lot of comps to argue value with.

Not sure it's that inexpensive compared to the regular policy I have. Maybe equal? I pay $800/year for a 2015 Porsche Boxster. Just fire and theft for 5 months so works out to about $550. 5000kms/year allowed
That's an amazing rate. I went from $2,647/yr to $694/yr + $120 for each 1,000 km after on a 2020 Mustang Bullitt

I am assuming they don't have agreed value policies? I'd be worried about the spitfire in a crash. Not a lot of comps to argue value with.
Spitfires aren’t big dollar cars, if I recall the write off value is about $5k.

I also use CAA but am concerned about using PACE due to my "driving habits". PACE records speeds and acceleration and they say they do not use driving habits against you, but I really do not beleive them. Anyone heard more about this?

I also use CAA but am concerned about using PACE due to my "driving habits". PACE records speeds and acceleration and they say they do not use driving habits against you, but I really do not beleive them. Anyone heard more about this?
Afaik, part of the rules around those devices prohibit them from using data to raise your rate. Now, I entirely expect them to find other reasons not to renew drivers they see as high risk.

I haven't looked but I wouldn't be surprised if someone sold an OBDII emulator. I haven't seen the inside of one of the nanny devices but I assume they are getting most of their information from obdii and not sensors inside the device. An emulator that knocked 20-30% off your real speed would produce reasonable data and reduce instances of speeding and rapid acceleration.

No driving habits, just odometer reading.

Back
Top Bottom