2024 rate | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2024 rate

Got my renewal emailed to me this morning:
$747 - $60 increase over last year
2023 Yamaha MT-10 SP
$2m liability, full coverage
No claims
No tickets
Bundled with home and 2 cars (one commuter and one summer)
Waterloo region, but not in the city
Licensed and insured since 2007
42, married

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
whoa whoa whoa when did you got an MT 10 baller? Did you sell the 1290?

whoa whoa whoa when did you got an MT 10 baller? Did you sell the 1290?
Got it in August. 1290 was a really good bike but I bought it to do more long distance touring, which wasn't happening. I was loading up the bike into the trailer, camping for the weekend and going on smaller rides. So if I wasn't going to be putting big hours in the saddle, I wanted something that was more fun for the half-day rips.

Got it in August. 1290 was a really good bike but I bought it to do more long distance touring, which wasn't happening. I was loading up the bike into the trailer, camping for the weekend and going on smaller rides. So if I wasn't going to be putting big hours in the saddle, I wanted something that was more fun for the half-day rips.

Apex really should give us discounts from now on.

How do you like the mt10 compared to the Tuono?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

How do you like the mt10 compared to the Tuono?

It's a slightly tamer version of the Tuono. It's silky smooth and fueling is spot on.
It's going in on Monday for a flash to accommodate the 3/4 Hindle and that will also increase power by about 20hp which will bring it more in line with Tuono power.
This is the SP model and has full semi-active Ohlins which is incredible!
For it being a street bike, I prefer it over the Tuono......but I'm also glad I still have the Tuono for the track.

It's a slightly tamer version of the Tuono. It's silky smooth and fueling is spot on.
It's going in on Monday for a flash to accommodate the 3/4 Hindle and that will also increase power by about 20hp which will bring it more in line with Tuono power.
For it being a street bike, I prefer it over the Tuono......but I'm also glad I still have the Tuono for the track.

Did you need riser, or is it better for your back than the stock Tuono setup?

Who you going with for the tune? Im thinking of the same for the superduke

Did you need riser, or is it better for your back than the stock Tuono setup?

Only thing I've added is a bigger windscreen, frame sliders, tail tidy and the 3/4 Hindle. As for the bars, no risers needed. It is very comfortable and I can ride it as-is all day in comfort.

Who you going with for the tune? Im thinking of the same for the superduke
If you're still thinking of getting the Superduke flashed, Danny at Champion Cycle was good. Went with a Woolich flash as the base and he tweaked it from there. He's easy to work with and seems to know his stuff. Haven't ridden the bike yet, but I've run it up to temp and it's not throwing any codes and there's no weird sounds or pops.
My only gripe is the parking situation at the shop, which is basically non-existent. I brought the big truck (Chevy 2500) with my 6x12 enclosed trailer and it was a very tight fit. I would skip the trailer next time to make it easier if I go again. Definitely scope it out on Google satellite view before going.

So sounds to me like the MT10 is more fun than the tuono?

On my brief time with the aprilia, it felt so racy and capable, but not particularly "fun" on the street.
Like its talents were being wasted with me puttering around at 30% throttle(and still managing to speed everywhere) and the bike just yawning at me

I imagine fast group on track would have been a different story.

So sounds to me like the MT10 is more fun than the tuono?

On my brief time with the aprilia, it felt so racy and capable, but not particularly "fun" on the street.
Like its talents were being wasted with me puttering around at 30% throttle(and still managing to speed everywhere) and the bike just yawning at me

I imagine fast group on track would have been a different story.
100% this.
I often said that I felt bad riding the Tuono on the street because it's just not what it was designed for. The MT-10 does not give me that feeling at all.

100% this.
I often said that I felt bad riding the Tuono on the street because it's just not what it was designed for. The MT-10 does not give me that feeling at all.

Its all a matter of perspective.

Rode my friends 2017 rsv4rf back to back with my Tuono. I wanted off his bike after 10 minutes.

Same can be said of any 1000cc Supersport.

Yes, the Tuono is way too much for a streetbike. The 660 is likely better suited, and more involving at non-ludicrous speeds.

You sure mapping your mt-10 won't make it more beastly, and less streetable?

Its all a matter of perspective.

Rode my friends 2017 rsv4rf back to back with my Tuono. I wanted off his bike after 10 minutes.

Same can be said of any 1000cc Supersport.

Yes, the Tuono is way too much for a streetbike. The 660 is likely better suited, and more involving at non-ludicrous speeds.

You sure mapping your mt-10 won't make it more beastly, and less streetable?

They progressively tuned the different ride modes, so A-Mode is fully de-restricted, B-Mode is 10-15% less power, c-mode 10-15% less than B and D is "rain".
If one of the modes is unrideable, I can go back at any point and tweak whatever needs to be done.

Hey gang, I was going to create a new thread, but thought I would post here since this kinda the same

So Johnson got bought out and my HD policy was taken over by Intact.
Intact wants $2217 year for it. (through a broker called Brokerlink)
I had only Liability on this bike @$36 a month.
They said the new policy is only liability. (BS)

Will be calling around usual suspects Riders Plus, Desjardains, TD.
If you know any brokers worth calling please let me know
I'm in the Da Hood (scarborough) yes notorious for bad rates.

Hey gang, I was going to create a new thread, but thought I would post here since this kinda the same

So Johnson got bought out and my HD policy was taken over by Intact.
Intact wants $2217 year for it. (through a broker called Brokerlink)
I had only Liability on this bike @$36 a month.
They said the new policy is only liability. (BS)

Will be calling around usual suspects Riders Plus, Desjardains, TD.
If you know any brokers worth calling please let me know
I'm in the Da Hood (scarborough) yes notorious for bad rates.
Try Mitchell and Whale, Allstate and NFP

It’s a CAA plan that covers good drivers only, you must be demerit free.

The first 3000 km cost $200-300/ year, then every additional 1000km costs 1/3rd of your premium. At 12000 km there are no more fees.

It’s great if you keep a beater pickup or sunny day car. I keep my old Spitfire, RAM, an older CTS and a beater Jeep Commander I keep up north- all are below $300 annually.

I wish they had a motorcycle program.
Thanks for the info!
I got a quote from CAA, then found out my broker now has CAA available. The CAA quote was $30/month cheaper for my car, so I have my broker quoting me on the house, my car and my wife's van, as well as Echelon who offers a CAA discount on motorcycle insurance.
I will receive the full quote next week, but I anticipate saving a lot of my money.

I had best luck with TD and have been with them for 3 years

No one was able to beat it.
Renewal is April 1 so the new papers should be coming in any day.

Will also update post here.

I had best luck with TD and have been with them for 3 years

No one was able to beat it.
Renewal is April 1 so the new papers should be coming in any day.

Will also update post here.
TD raised the insurance on my gsxr600 by $200 a year.

Luckily that bike is now gone.

The quote for the street triple is down $200 from the gsxr quote... so I'll basically be paying the same this year as last, when I fix and insure the new to me bike.

Back
Top Bottom