2023 Ural Gear Up | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2023 Ural Gear Up

You can't easily drop the sidecar right? This is a three wheeler only? Not that you would really want to, a ural would not be my favorite two-wheeler.
Strictly 3 wheels. For lots of reasons.

I was told to start looking for a gas station at 150km. Filled up today after 190km with 11.5l in the 19l tank. Carrying my extra 12l can, i think it's safe to go 250km. Nice.

Two things today. Chicken strips. Yup!
And Bernadette finished making a very cool quilt (she sews a lot) to keep her warm in the hack. Denim on the front and camo on the back. Made with individually sewn 6"by 6" squares snipped along the edges and then frayed with a nail brush and washed. Took her a week. Amazing!FB_IMG_1687912849095.jpgFB_IMG_1687912858837.jpg

And Bernadette finished making a very cool quilt (she sews a lot) to keep her warm in the hack. Denim on the front and camo on the back. Made with individually sewn 6"by 6" squares snipped along the edges and then frayed with a nail brush and washed. Took her a week. Amazing!View attachment 61827View attachment 61828
This brings back memories for me. I used to own Canada's largest online fabric operation, one of our biggest segments were quilters. That camo pattern flannel looks so familiar - I used to sell that by the mile! Once a month I opened the warehouse to local quilters, mostly sr ladies would drop in, chit chat, and fill their cars with quilting materials at wholesale prices ($3/yd vs $20 in a quilt shop) -- they drove in from as far as Marathon.

Speaking of chicken strips. I'm going to play with tire pressures a bit more today. It's amazing how it effects the handling.
Just like everything else with this rig, none of my tire know how from the past applies.
Here's a video that explains things a little.

And Bernadette finished making a very cool quilt (she sews a lot) to keep her warm in the hack. Denim on the front and camo on the back. Made with individually sewn 6"by 6" squares snipped along the edges and then frayed with a nail brush and washed. Took her a week. Amazing!View attachment 61827View attachment 61828
Looks good. It's always a positive if your Squeeze takes part in your interests and hobbies.

Things i have learned.
Flying the car is fun when planned.
Flying the car accidentally makes you poop your pants.
Flying the car with your gf in it probably means something else.
I'm getting particular about who i talk to at stops. If the person is scratching thier chin and looking at the sidecar attachment points, i walk away.
At 1800km the engine revs a lot easier now. Pulls top gear uphill very easily now.
Strangers in parking lots can be fun. And trouble. Left a restaurant last nite to find two middle aged couples checking the Ural out. They all commented on how much fun it looked. I pointed at the sidecar and said "hop in, parking lot ride"
The blonde with the full margarita tank jumped in. Went around the parking lot twice. Helped her out and got nice hugs.
Husband was really ******!

Curious, do they come without the sidecar? Or can you detach it somehow?

If the person is scratching thier chin and looking at the sidecar attachment points
That is very likely what I would be doing lol. Oh well, guess you can only have that conversation so many times

At 2,000km on it now. Checking tire pressures this morning i noticed the rear is wearing quickly. And the chicken strips are huge. Lol.
But the sidecar tire looks new.
Hey! I can rotate the tires/wheels. :)
FB_IMG_1689204273099.jpgFB_IMG_1689204278944.jpg

Last edited:
Do you swap the discs or leave them on the wheels?

Gotta look into that. I think the rear needs a drive swap. Still learning.
If you have any questions I got a colleague whose owned one for years and he wrenches on his own stuff.

Back
Top Bottom