2023 MotoGP Discussion (No Links - Contains Spoilers!) | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2023 MotoGP Discussion (No Links - Contains Spoilers!)

We had to wait 7years to see Zarco backflip!!! I"m happy for him..too bad to J Martin..he decided to go with the soft rear tire instead for the M.

Last edited:
Geez. If there were half points in MotoGP, that's how much Martin and Bagnaia would be taking off each other every race weekend...

Hoping this isnt indicative of how slow a limp it will be to the end of season.

Also, good on Bestia for displaying some of his 2022 brilliance. But why did this guy show up only after his job was threatened?

Qualifying hijinks:

He's been a menace during QP since his comeback. The fact that the stewards have done exactly zilch about it despite it creating some genuinely dangerous dawdling on the racing line and has affected a lot of other riders says a lot about Dorna and their attitude towards safety: it's fine as long as the marquee names aren't slowed down.

Geez. If there were half points in MotoGP, that's how much Martin and Bagnaia would be taking off each other every race weekend...

Hoping this isnt indicative of how slow a limp it will be to the end of season.

There was early hope the season wouldn't devolve into the Ducati Cup, but here we are. There's a very good chance that Ducati will have double the points of the next closest factory in the Constructor's Championship by the end of the year. With Marc on one next year, that's unlikely to change.

Also, good on Bestia for displaying some of his 2022 brilliance. But why did this guy show up only after his job was threatened?

According to him, it's down to making some changes to the mapping for engine braking and switching from a foot to thumb rear brake (How Bastianini escaped rock bottom and sent Ducati 'a message'). I suspect motivation is a factor, but so much of riding these bikes is unique and down to confidence in the aero, which is as much mental as physical.

On a similar tip, I was also disappointed at how crap Bautista did despite all the fanfare. He blamed a sore neck that he supposedly kept a secret from everyone, but I suspect a lot more is simply not being used to how different MotoGP bikes are now compared to anything else. Like F1, riding these bikes has very little in common with a showroom superbike these days...

On a similar tip, I was also disappointed at how crap Bautista did despite all the fanfare. He blamed a sore neck that he supposedly kept a secret from everyone, but I suspect a lot more is simply not being used to how different MotoGP bikes are now compared to anything else. Like F1, riding these bikes has very little in common with a showroom superbike these days...

Agreed. Very disappointed. Not that he didn't do well, but that he basically ended up dead last (discounting Lecuona who is also not a MotoGP regular).

There was so much Bayliss-Valencia-2006 talk before the race, but realistically, that was such a different era, when prototype machinery back then was a lot closer to production bikes than its current incarnation.

And you're exactly right. So many changes wrt aero, ride-height/holeshot devices, etc. he was never going to get a handle on the bike by the end of a single weekend, especially coming in cold.

So many people crying, "But Dani blah blah blah". At least with Pedro, he had been continuously developing that KTM behind the scenes. He pretty much built that RC16 from scratch. Plus his MotoGP track record pre-retirement was so much more illustrious than AB19.

Neck injury notwithstanding, I was at least hoping for some mid-pack brilliance from Bautista.

Back
Top Bottom