2023 MotoGP Discussion (No Links - Contains Spoilers!) | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2023 MotoGP Discussion (No Links - Contains Spoilers!)

All the Frankie memes have been so good this week.

frankie.jpg

I hope he brings his hair back.

Also I kind of like that Yamaha offered him a WSB seat and he said "I didn't even consider it" and then goes on to get a seat on arguably the best motorcycle on the grid for 2024.

Nothing against Fabio, I like the kid, but I'm really looking forward to seeing Frankie pass Fabio on his Ducati next year, just to really drive home the FU to Yamaha and put the nail in the coffin of Fabio getting the frig out of there.

Hector Barbara
Joan Olive?
Jorge Lorenzo
Aleix Espargaro
Dani Pedrosa
Toni Elias
Ruben Xaus
Sete Gibernau

Nico Terol
??
Marc Marquez
??
Pol Espargaro

??
Marc Marquez
??
Pol Espargaro

The other two riders are Francesc Martínez and Pere Tutusaus. They were on the same team as Marquez and Espargaro, RACC Impala for the 125cc Catalonia Championship in 2005.

MM was 12 and PE was 13 at the time!

marc-marquez-pol-espargaro.jpg

MM has been running the 93 plate since way back when.

Frankie on a factory Ducati is probably the absolute best scenario he could have landed.

I know some people would call it failing upward, but he's still a 3 time race winner and Moto2 champ. He's got talent.

I think Mir struggling on the Honda is a good comparison to what Morbidelli has gone through at Yamaha.

Mir is not at the level of Marquez; Morbidelli is not at the level of Quartararo, and that's ok. Not everyone can be elite.

Last edited:
Frankie on a factory Ducati is probably the absolute best scenario he could have landed.

I know some people would call it failing upward, but he's still a 3 time race winner and Moto2 champ. He's got talent.

I think Mir struggling on the Honda is a good comparison to what Morbidelli has gone through at Yamaha.

Mir is not at the level of Marquez; Morbidelli is not at the level of Quartararo, and that's ok. Not everyone can be elite.
Especially when you consider that Mir won on a reliable Suzuki... but Frankie only finished 13 points behind him on a piece of **** Yamaha that **** the bed on him in, was it two or three races that season?

Had the Yamaha not failed on Frankie on at least two occasions when he was looking to score some points, there's a very good chance he would have been the 2020 world champion.

Rider - Points - Wins - Podiums

Mir --- 171 --- 1 --- 7
Mor --- 158 --- 3 --- 5

The only guy who won as many races as Frankie that year?

Qua --- 127 --- 3 --- 3

Holy crap, that was unexpected. And 'that' could be up to 4 or 5 different things. Make sure you watch to the end of the race.

I think Dani was pushing but not pushing for a win because I feel like he didn't want to mess with the championship.

Holy crap, that was unexpected. And 'that' could be up to 4 or 5 different things. Make sure you watch to the end of the race.

My heart sank. Saaaaank.

Also I can't remember the last time I got excited for anything Fabio did, so when he made that pass in the last lap I was like YESSS WEIRD DUDE GOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Pecco reminds me a lot of Jorge Lorenzo. Super smooth, and not especially exciting to watch when he's out front doing his thing. But Pecco's mistakes do add a bit of humanity to him, same as Lorenzo. Pecco's highside in Catalunya was like he's gunning to take Lorenzo's reputation for the biggest highsides. It was so uncharacteristic seeing his rear wheel flopping around like a Marquez or Binder in the braking zones at Buddh.

I usually root for the underdog, so for the second half of this season that's Martin. Pecco's mistakes are great for the championship.

Also, anyone want to bet that Alpinestars is just going to start issuing zipties to all of their riders to keep the stupid zipper up? That could have been the end of Martin's race and championship hopes.

The vital last 5 mins of #MotoGP Practice | 2023 #JapaneseGP

FFW 3:23
Francesco "Pecco" Bagnaia , motogp world champion, flying through underneath the Alpinestars bridge is simply wow!

Well it'll be interesting and build momentum into the season that's for sure. I'm also sure his body will gasp a giant sigh of relief as well.

Back
Top Bottom