2023 Day Trips! | Page 13 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2023 Day Trips!

Took Mon and Tuesday to run Temagami and back. Full color explosion!

One more ride to Cochrane and back Nov 10, as long as Mother Nature approves.

Nice run, cool looking bike. yeah HWY 45 is empty most of the time.
Thanks! Last time I took 45 it was busy and lots of slow moving vehicles, that time I was eastbound, yesterday I was westbound as the clouds blocked the usually blinding setting sun at that time. Once you hit 12 then you are stuck in traffic.

I went out today to Algonquin it was cool and sun peeked out just long enough to give you hope but not enough to warm you.
Up 11 to 60, 127, South Baptiste Lake road, (bumpier than I remember), Loop Road (648), 118, 503, 45 (Monk Road), 12, 48, Ravenshoe to 404.
The good news was few people in the Park, bad news, even fewer leaves. No traffic at all and 45, Monk Road is fun when empty lots of curves
View attachment 63824
South Baptiste Road may never be re-paved as they seem to be using its condition to control traffic and speeds. They continue to fill potholes from time to time.This traffic calming technique has been used successfully in the village of Whitevale.

South Baptiste Road may never be re-paved as they seem to be using its condition to control traffic and speeds. They continue to fill potholes from time to time.This traffic calming technique has been used successfully in the village of Whitevale.
Yeah no kidding about Whitevale. Use to ride through there quite a bit, but since they've piled patched onto other patches, it sucks big time.

Near Lebanon today. Heading to Tazewell tomorrow, then a weeks worth of day trips.

Near Lebanon today. Heading to Tazewell tomorrow, then a weeks worth of day trips.
If you are going to Tazewell tomorow and have a bit of time, do the ride up to Burke's Garden. Very tight and twisty.

Also in the area is Robinson Tract Road - very amazing.

Last year the Back of the Dragon had some poor repairs done to the road with bumps in many corners - hope that's better now.

If you are going to Tazewell tomorow and have a bit of time, do the ride up to Burke's Garden. Very tight and twisty.

Also in the area is Robinson Tract Road - very amazing.

Last year the Back of the Dragon had some poor repairs done to the road with bumps in many corners - hope that's better now.
Thank you.
Herh6enl.jpg

GCzMtDsm.jpg

What you never want to see:
SSm49ium.png

F***ED:
lmRWyEam.png

Offroading to live!:
cShPOu1m.png

Not sure why he didn't stop when he saw me. I could have been a little red splotch on the rocks.
I think the guy following him was recording and may have called the police.

From my rear dashcam. Also ran my buddy on his Harley into the ditch. Werner.
5Ok6Qw8m.png
OEHkVP0m.png

What an A-hole

GCzMtDsm.jpg

SSm49ium.png

F***ED:
lmRWyEam.png

Offroading to live!:
cShPOu1m.png

Not sure why he didn't stop when he saw me. I could have been a little red splotch on the rocks.
was that on VA16?
Looks like that truck shouldn't have even been on that road...

GCzMtDsm.jpg

SSm49ium.png

F***ED:
lmRWyEam.png

Offroading to live!:
cShPOu1m.png

That is pretty crazy, I wasn't sure if your post was real or not, now that you have posted more, it's nuts. Hope all is good!

was that on VA16?
Looks like that truck shouldn't have even been on that road...
Yep. Not sure if you're exempt if you're going local, or if he was, there are a few houses on the route, including a short term rental.
Over 35' prohibited, unless local delivery, which would be very difficult there.
p1qkWbZl.png

Last edited:
Yep. Not sure if you're exempt if you're going local, or if he was, there are a few houses on the route, including a short term rental.
I'll see if I can put the video up on Youtube later, and post a link. I might try calling the 1-800 number if I have time.

The photographer that was there left before the truck went through.
znO0hqWl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom