2023 Day Trips! | GTAMotorcycle.com

2023 Day Trips!

sburns

With better weather around the corner and more of 2023 riding season to be full on, time to do day trips!

Just a thread to share where you went for the day, routes, interesting sites, and photos of your trip!

What a difference a bit of sun and a few + degrees of temperature can make. Headed out about 10 ish.
Wasn't sure how far I would go but ended up doing this.

Da hood > Port Perry > Lindsay > Fenelon Falls > Kinmount > Minden
Return Minden > Norland > Kirkfield > Beaverton > home
Around 350 k.

Checked out the rapids at Minden, just a few kayaker's met a nice lady with her rescue bulldog, nice friendly dogo.

For whatever reason at the beginning of the each season I always stop by the Kirkfield Locks.

kirkfield.jpg

Went up to Bancroft last weekend for an annual VStrom thing every April.

Around 20 bikes from as far away as Sarnia and Ottawa showed up. Good times and roads were in good shape for the most part.

2023041619205002-5579392266928191175.jpg

A few weekends ago went camping with the wife to Rondeau Park. Unfortunately, it was very windy on the way.

IMG_20230415_132443.jpgIMG_20230415_194125.jpg

I enjoyed the sunset. The picture doesn't do justice to it. It was breathtaking. You can see some of the wind turbines in the pic.
IMG_20230415_195518.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Headed up to the 518 today. Left early and home by 3. It looked like the bakery reopened in Orville.

1683422992222.png

Southwood was pretty sandy and beat up in the south and the north, but the middle was nice.
2023050615404187--808477553368997420.jpg

Rode Germain Rd for the first time to get me over to Houseys Rapids Road and then Coopers Falls Road. Was a bit sandy but still a really nice day out!
2023050615404187--546849185592139738.jpg

Last edited:
Hubby and I washed and vacuumed our vehicles, then I cleaned and pumped up the tires on our mountain bikes and took that out for a boot! :) that was my riding for IFRD lol
Photos or it didn't happen! :ROFLMAO:

What glorious day yesterday was! Decided to take advantage of it with a long ride.

This one is for our Polish memebers. I believe @mimico_polak mentioned the Szare szeregi monument last year, so I had to check it out, and @oioioi the church in Wilno. Off I went.

I don't have a saved route since my phone now suck and battery needs constaint charging. Something like this.
Da hood > Cannington > Kinmount > Gooderham > Wilberforce > Maynooth > Combermere > Wilno

Kinmont pit stop
Last year sometime I met the owner of the local B&B in this same area. Funny enough he was here again and came right over to me as he remembered me. We had a good chat.
01 kinmount.jpeg

Such a great day, had to stop and take it in Elephant Lake rd.
02 elephant lake.jpeg

OK going along Old Barry's Bay road notice these rapids and what looks like a log shute
03 water.jpeg

The monument
04 mounument.jpeg
05 stairs.jpeg
06 warsa.jpeg

And finally Wilno Church, there was a wedding going on
07 wilno church.jpeg

In town they have a museum, like a pioneer village
08 wilno mesum.jpeg09 kaszebe canada.jpeg

Heading home stopped at the Peterbourgh locks
10 petebrough locks.jpeg

Fantastic day of riding.

Bad news it cost me $85 in fuel!! :oops:

Lastly on the way home there is a monument to this girl, it's well taken care of. It's on Wagg rd just outside of Stouville. I see it all the time but at night it looks something special.

11 wagg monument.jpeg

What glorious day yesterday was! Decided to take advantage of it with a long ride.

This one is for our Polish memebers. I believe @mimico_polak mentioned the Szare szeregi monument last year, so I had to check it out, and @oioioi the church in Wilno. Off I went.

I don't have a saved route since my phone now suck and battery needs constaint charging. Something like this.
Da hood > Cannington > Kinmount > Gooderham > Wilberforce > Maynooth > Combermere > Wilno

Kinmont pit stop
Last year sometime I met the owner of the local B&B in this same area. Funny enough he was here again and came right over to me as he remembered me. We had a good chat.
View attachment 60745

Such a great day, had to stop and take it in Elephant Lake rd.
View attachment 60746

OK going along Old Barry's Bay road notice these rapids and what looks like a log shute
View attachment 60747

The monument
View attachment 60748
View attachment 60749
View attachment 60750

And finally Wilno Church, there was a wedding going on
View attachment 60751

In town they have a museum, like a pioneer village
View attachment 60752View attachment 60753

Heading home stopped at the Peterbourgh locks
View attachment 60754

Fantastic day of riding.

Bad news it cost me $85 in fuel!! :oops:
Awesome ride and great pictures.

I'll will try to get out to that area at least once this year.

Awesome ride and great pictures.

I'll will try to get out to that area at least once this year.
Honestly that whole area was great to take in. I could have spent the enitre day there alone. Old Barry's Bay rd was excellent, and some amazing properties as well.

Honestly that whole area was great to take in. I could have spent the enitre day there alone. Old Barry's Bay rd was excellent, and some amazing properties as well.
Glad you got to ride Old Barry's Bay Rd.
Combine that with some pierogies in Burk's Falls and you have the Polish Iron Butt Ride.
That pull off where the rapids and log chute are is Crooked Slide Park - great place to take a break:

Glad you got to ride Old Barry's Bay Rd.
Combine that with some pierogies in Burk's Falls and you have the Polish Iron Butt Ride.
That pull off where the rapids and log chute are is Crooked Slide Park - great place to take a break:
Thanks Shane, yup I know the place you are talking about, always enjoy pit stopping in Burk Falls. I'm thinking of a ride up that way but coming in sort of a back way.

Nah. For now I’m almost debating no bike. With kids and all that stuff I have almost zero time.
Keep it...even if just to keep your insurance in tact without any gaps...as long as your insurance is cheap enough...even if you go out once or twice...as long as the bike is paid for obviously :D

Back
Top Bottom