2018 Raptors/NBA | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2018 Raptors/NBA

Well, the Cavs just need to win one game at home and it's over. I hate to repeat myself, but they just don't look like a team able to beat Cavs with LJ on the floor. They just cannot.

If they ever had a chance against Cleveland, this was it. Too bad. Somebody is getting fired this off season.

I doubt anyone is getting fired. If they didn’t after 1st round sweep vs wash a few years ago. Part of the problem i feel is also raptors and the fans seem to have different expectations, a minor run in the playoffs is considered decent and the season is considered a success. There are a lot of teams out there where anything short of a title is considered garbage and the season a failure. Even teams that make the western conference finals have coaches that get fired(Kevin mchale in Houston, fizzdale in Memphis if I recall)

Yes Lebron is great, but he’s not the same as he was in Miami, and he’s got no kyrie. IMO this is because there’s no accountability and consequences for the playoff blunders. We’re comfortable just making the playoffs, everything else is a bonus.

They getting SWEPT, didn’t even put up a fight.
Just my 2c.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt anyone is getting fired. If they didn’t after 1st round sweep vs wash a few years ago. Part of the problem i feel is also raptors and the fans seem to have different expectations, a minor run in the playoffs is considered decent and the season is considered a success. There are a lot of teams out there where anything short of a title is considered garbage and the season a failure. Even teams that make the western conference finals have coaches that get fired(Kevin mchale in Houston, fizzdale in Memphis if I recall)

Yes Lebron is great, but he’s not the same as he was in Miami, and he’s got no kyrie. IMO this is because there’s no accountability and consequences for the playoff blunders. We’re comfortable just making the playoffs, everything else is a bonus.

They getting SWEPT, didn’t even put up a fight.
Just my 2c.

I think you are a bandwagon fan to be honest. Not sure you know much of what you are talking about.

First game they lost by a point, 3rd game they played great except for freaking DD. But the refs lost us that game.

Everything they did this year was because anything else but the finals us a failure, if you look back at interviews with Casey, players and Ujuri they have all said it.

Yes I am ****** off about what is happening, disappointed and I have read Evey article, watched every interview and watched every game since the ore season and that is just this year, but the cavs have won twice with help from luck and the referees , those two game should have gone either way and we would be 2 - 1 ahead, so I am not hanging these guys.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

there's a reason why you have to win 4(four) times to advance in the playoffs.

You can get lucky once or twice, maybe get lucky with the refs and get favorable calls

but if your beaten 4 times(with all that preparation, film watching, coaching etc) , then its because the other team is clearly better than you.

And if you get swept, then they are MUCH better than you.

Heck even a crap Indiana team gave a well rested Lebron a harder time than the raptors(7 game series). With a victor oladipo.

Raptors got TWO all stars. and they getting swept. What does that tell you?

Am I disappointed? Sure, but i'm not surprised.

Last edited:
Honestly? I hope they get swept. They deserve to humiliated for putting themselves in this position to begin with. How is a 1 seed getting swept by a 4 seed when a 5 seed took them to 7 games?

Something needs to change.

because playoffs =/ regular season.

A lot of teams look great in the regular season(raptors, oklahoma, clippers in the past etc etc)

But dont have what it takes to win in the playoffs where each game matters.

Like ordering what looks great on the menu with the picture of the dish, and the actual food looks nothing like the picture, and tastes meh. You feel duped(at least I imagine most raptors fans do, the way the hype is build up each year around this team, its a great way to pickpocket the fans, sell tickets and jerseys etc)

This is why I dont really take the regular season seriously.

The playoff seeds dont matter as much as people think they do. Sure you might get more home court games and they determine who you face in each round, but I know for a fact that Indiana and boston are better teams than raptors.

I judge teams(including the raptors) based solely on their playoff records. And apart from making the playoffs, they haven't done much.

Clippers, Toronto, OKC are regular season teams. Meant to sell tickets, but we all know they aren't going anywhere.

Last edited:
Well, as you know I was highly skeptical of Raptors beating Cavs with LJ healthy, but even I did not see the sweep ..... embarrassing, for sure.

Yes I am ****** off about what is happening, disappointed and I have read Evey article, watched every interview and watched every game since the ore season and that is just this year, but the cavs have won twice with help from luck and the referees , those two game should have gone either way and we would be 2 - 1 ahead, so I am not hanging these guys.

And you are an example of fan and reason why athletes love to play here .... easy going, money in the bank, hardly any pressure from the public demanding more. Raptors, Leafs ... you name it. Empty the ACC (or whatever the name is now) and you will see they might start winning at some distant point.

Anyway, see you all in a year, hopefully.

Damn, I got to trust that Masai Ujiri has a plan. Ibaka it's got to go as well, if we could get a top Point G I would like Kyle to go but that is not happening. Wish FVV ,CJ and Paskal stayed. Everyone else I am on the fence about.

Disappointing that Delon couldn't be consisten, DD .... don't get me started on him. Kyle played well but we don't just need well.

What do I know

Damn, I got to trust that Masai Ujiri has a plan. Ibaka it's got to go as well, if we could get a top Point G I would like Kyle to go but that is not happening. Wish FVV ,CJ and Paskal stayed. Everyone else I am on the fence about.

Disappointing that Delon couldn't be consisten, DD .... don't get me started on him. Kyle played well but we don't just need well.

What do I know

So you're saying it's time to rebuild? Nah... have to disagree with that. They're a good team, they need one key piece and a coach with solid play off experience. There's rumours that Jerry Stackhouse might replace him but I'm not sure if I like the sound of that. Yeah he led the Raptors 905 to a championship and a second finals appearance but we're talking about the G League here.

I don't know man, I hope they get it together for next year.

So you're saying it's time to rebuild? Nah... have to disagree with that. They're a good team, they need one key piece and a coach with solid play off experience. There's rumours that Jerry Stackhouse might replace him but I'm not sure if I like the sound of that. Yeah he led the Raptors 905 to a championship and a second finals appearance but we're talking about the G League here.

I don't know man, I hope they get it together for next year.

Not at all. I don't want them to rebuild, but there are a couple of pieces that need to change, Ibaka being one. Everyone else can stay, most of my comments about DD and Kyle are due to still being frustrated from last week lol.

I do agree the Raptors are a top 4 team

I was reading an article yesterday on how the old GM of the cavs was saying that last year, Lebron could tell exactly what play Casey was about to execute, he would even tell Patrick "no Patrick, you were supposed to be in teh corner for the pick and roll with Demar" So Lebron does seem to have the playbook on Casey and that might be the reason why he was let go. The ex Cavs GM would see Lebron call out Casey's play and go tell all his team mates exactly what to do and where to be

I would love for Stackhouse to be the new coach, plus the bench mob all won under him

Masai Ujiri press conference at 230

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/watch-live-raptors-address-firing-dwane-casey

Top 4 team? In the League? Not even close.

In the next few years they will be lucky to be top 4 in the east.
The way Cleaveland(provided lebron doesnt leave), boston, Philly, and Milwaukee are heading.

I do think the best coach will be Budenholzer.

He led the hawks to the conference finals, and is a chip off the ol San Antonio block.

The way Cleaveland(provided lebron doesnt leave), boston, Philly, and Milwaukee are heading.

He led the hawks to the conference finals, and is a chip off the ol San Antonio block.
You are telling me the Raptors are not top 4? Who finished at the top of the Easter conference,? Who else had more wins? Only 1 team, the rockets that's it. Who was the only team top 5 I offence and defence? No one.

Everyone loses on the playoffs, only one team wins and only 2 teams get to the finals so yes we are top 4.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

lol

Top teams not measured by regular season wins, how many of the following teams can the raptors beat in a 7 game series?

Houston
Golden state
San Antonio
Boston
Philly
Cleaveland
Oklahoma

Theres more that are possibly better, but they are borderline so i haven't mentioned them(new Orleans, Minnesota, portland)

Raptors have a limited window, the east is going to be a power struggle between philly, boston, and milwaukee for the next couple of years.

Last edited:
Top teams not measured by regular season wins, how many of the following teams can the raptors beat in a 7 game series?

Houston
Golden state
San Antonio
Boston
Philly
Cleaveland
Oklahoma

Theres more that are possibly better, but they are borderline so i haven't mentioned them(new Orleans, Minnesota, portland)

Raptors have a limited window, the east is going to be a power struggle between philly, boston, and milwaukee for the next couple of years.

This is why North America sports structure is garbage. In European soccer it’s all about winning the season it’s called the championship. It’s the biggest prize. Being a cup winner is secondary.. then there is qualifying for champions league and Europa cup based on standings then there is the threat of relegation to the second division of you are in the bottom three. Every game of the season means something.

The North American regular season is a cash grab. Why not just scrap it and go straight into the playoffs. It’s the only real season and only thing that matters and means anything

Back
Top Bottom