2017 New Model Thread (INTERMOT etc.) | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 New Model Thread (INTERMOT etc.)

These things bother me, in that you could buy an actual CB900F or Zephyr 1100, have more bike, and have more than a few thousand grand to cushion your wallet. The bikes that inspired those are still around, and they are faster, and they are a heck of a lot cheaper. They do look cool... but for the money I want a little more substance

except some of us like riding more than dealing with leaky carbs, rusty gastanks 35 yr old wiring, brittle gaskets, rotted out exhaust pipes and brittle rubber and plastic components.

Last edited:
That Supersport does look awkward, but on paper it's the exact bike I want.

same here...kind of disapointed, theres a gallery with more pics up on the ducati website...hopefully looks better in the metal.
cbr1000 looks great imho

except some of us like riding more than dealing with leaky carbs, rusty gastanks 35 yr old wiring, brittle gaskets, rotted out exhaust pipes and brittle rubber and plastic components.

Give me only $3000 and I'll deal with it for you. And you're still saving thousands

Aw, they got rid of the side mount shock on the 650R that gave it a unique look. Although it made upgrades harder from what I've been told.

Hate the TFT screen. Much prefer the analog tach and easy to read screen on my current bikes.

How do these TFT screens work when the sunlight is coming in from behind/above? My car (which is a cabrio) has a TFT instrument cluster, and if the roof is down and the sun is shining on it, the display completely washes out, can't see what it's displaying at all.

My big beast has an older-tech segmented LCD/LED display (and a normal tach) ... but you can read it in sunlight!

Agreed on the TFT's. Aestheticly nothing beats a needle sweeping up through the rpms imo

I don't like what they've done with the Vstrom.... not that it was a pretty bike before, but that lower huge can is too much:

Regarding the Wee, only 3 questions really matter to me:

1. Did it lose weight?
2. Did it gain ground clearance?
3. Did they change (upgrade) anything in suspension?

Those are the limitations of the bike, and if those were not changed, the use and function of the bike is unchanged.

I do know they lowered the exhaust to make it the same as the 1000 so all luggage is compatible with both bikes.

(So I agree with you Mike)

great to have the new 2017s posted in one place. ty. ugly pipes and incredible performance on many of the new bikes. the only bike cool enough for a street ride was the triumph cup with the high torque 900 twin. the new bikes look like kids carnival rides. at least the cup looks like a bike.

Last edited:
great to have the new 2017s posted in one place. ty. ugly pipes and incredible performance on many of the new bikes. the only bike cool enough for a street ride was the triumph cup with the high torque 900 twin. the new bikes look like kids carnival rides. at least the cup looks like a bike.

I know a couple of people who think the XSR 900 is a killer bike, all around. Maybe my thing some day, who knows.

I don't suppose there's any chance the Tuono 125 makes it to Canadaland. Would be the ultimate scooter.

I don't suppose there's any chance the Tuono 125 makes it to Canadaland. Would be the ultimate scooter.
You can still find the RS125 2 stroke. The older Tuono 125 was just a naked version of that AFAIK.

I know a couple of people who think the XSR 900 is a killer bike, all around. Maybe my thing some day, who knows.

I rode one for 40 minutes or so. I really wanted to love it but it left me cold. The flat torque curve is fun, but the exhaust note is raspy and the ergos are weird. Nothing that couldn't be fixed, admittedly.

Amen to that, and once the ride is done, I'm guessing some awesome ramen or sushi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKWSHV3iZcQ

Too bad the Canadian Peso makes anything I want outrageously expensive. Can't say the tupperware buffet does much for me otherwise, engineering aside. Even the Italians are starting to swoosh and moosh.

Back
Top Bottom