2017 New Model Thread (INTERMOT etc.) | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 New Model Thread (INTERMOT etc.)

More or less. If I can't be successful with this bike, it's on me and I'll just have to live with it. I absolutely prefer that to the other way around.

Maybe I should get one so I can win Pro SBK next year. I'll just tape the lights up.

It's a good thing you're racing one next year. You won't ever have an excuse as to why your bike doesn't perform because it's an all mighty ape. Bow before thee!
You can still hit a banana peel mid corner on an Aprilia

Aprilia's new TFT display for the RSV4 and Tuono:

cw1016-2017-aprilia-rsv4-tuono-first-look-image-01.jpg

Looks better than the current stuff but the loss of a proper tach with a needle....blech.

I don't like what they've done with the Vstrom.... not that it was a pretty bike before, but that lower huge can is too much:

GaXXHkv.jpg

Don't want semi-active suspension, at least until it really works on the track. And yep, I am aware that some of my reputation is on the line for racing the V4. I am not concerned, my easy going testing a few weeks ago had people coming up and asking me wtf bike I was riding and why was I easily kicking the @#$% out of everything at the track. One of them was a S1000RR owner. If I can't make that stick in the races, then it's me and not the bike... it kicks the @#$@ out of everything I raced this year.

Does this mean you'll be doing better than your personal record of 1:22s at Mosport while leading Jodie Christie and getting 2 thumbs up midcorner? :rolleyes:

Aprilia's new TFT display for the RSV4 and Tuono:

cw1016-2017-aprilia-rsv4-tuono-first-look-image-01.jpg

Looks better than the current stuff but the loss of a proper tach with a needle....blech.

I like that much better. I couldn't stand the 1990s digital part of the last tuono. This is much better but I do miss the analog tach.

Didn't Corti's bike's electronics shut down at Mosport just because he had a slide at the exit of the last corner? He said his TC and everything else stopped working after the slide and he had to stop.
It's a good thing you're racing one next year. You won't ever have an excuse as to why your bike doesn't perform because it's an all mighty ape. Bow before thee!

Didn't Corti's bike's electronics shut down at Mosport just because he had a slide at the exit of the last corner? He said his TC and everything else stopped working after the slide and he had to stop.

Thats the story I heard.

Hate the TFT screen. Much prefer the analog tach and easy to read screen on my current bikes. BTW, all that data is exported via BlueTooth to a smartphone or tablet and can be data-logged as well as building a track layout with GPS so that you can pre-program TC/WC/ABS corner-by-corner, should you wish. It's a retrofit for the Tuono or the RR (or the 2016), my 2016.5 RF came with it stock. To cap costs the fenders and sidepanels are now faux-carbon whereas my 2016 has lots of carbon on it. A bit sad, as Aprilia had the nicest carbon pieces in the business.

Yes, Corti had trouble with the APX2 data-log / control system. They didn't have the full team there, the guy who dealt with electronics wasn't available. I suspect a ground fault or something like that but who knows. I feel the pain as I had several issues with electronics this year. One of the reasons I had the company buy me a stock bike to race. One of the issues with 200hp+ crop of new bikes - very lightweight, low-inertia motors become less predictable and lean on the TC systems. Incidentally, this is why I was not upset when HSBK put their 2016 bikes up for sale a day after I picked up my RF... I do not want to deal with those issues.

Kawasaki Z900 and Z650

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/...s-z900-and-z650-intermot-2017-new-motorcycle/

Last edited:

Lack of chips was the real reason.

Back
Top Bottom