2017 New Model Thread (INTERMOT etc.) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 New Model Thread (INTERMOT etc.)

I'm kinda partial to this:

IMG_1870.png

Last edited:

I very much like the concept, the styling is a bit schizo though. From the front it looks like an ST4, from the back it looks like a Streetfighter (capital S) with a fairing, and from the side it has a very Kawi profile.

I like 125s that don't look cheap

...such as this one which looks cheap

A09-SUPERSPORT.jpg

A10-SUPERSPORT.jpg

This looks TERRIBLE in the pictures

Sweet baby jesus I hope its better in real life.

The 1199/1299 was a beautiful design:
ducati-1199-panigale-2.jpg

That Supersport does look awkward, but on paper it's the exact bike I want.

Man, pretty epic day with all these updates. Even the Ninja 650 looks exciting.

New fire blade looks pretty sweet. Video of Nicky Hayden taking it for a spin.

[video=youtube;Kte0dCa-z4M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kte0dCa-z4M[/video]

I know the standard ones do but I thought the RF's were solo seat only.

That picture is of the rear pegs sitting on my RF seat. I have two RFs. Trust me, they have rear pegs. :)

20160731111810-41020abd-la.jpg

Regarding the new CBR, we shall see... but it looks like they brought a bowie knife to the sword fight. Maybe - maybe - the bike will have electronics that outperform the others, but I am very sceptical. Otherwise, I do appreciate that they went to the wall to lighten up the stock bike but if you want to track-prep it (otherwise, the performance is STELLAR for street riders) then you will have vanishingly small improvements - Honda even used a lithium battery, which as far as I know is the first company to ever use one in production. There are signs of cost reduction, such as the standard M4 brakes. New S1000RR and RSV4 will almost certainly laugh disparagingly at their efforts, weight reduction be-damned.

Last edited:
Ah crap, better image:

20160731111215-bdc28658-la.jpg

Will leave the other because hey I still can't believe I have two.

Ah crap, better image:

20160731111215-bdc28658-la.jpg

Will leave the other because hey I still can't believe I have two.

It's a good thing you're racing one next year. You won't ever have an excuse as to why your bike doesn't perform because it's an all mighty ape. Bow before thee!

That Supersport does look awkward, but on paper it's the exact bike I want.

You know... after looking at it a little harder, I think it's only the red/black Supersport that is offputting. The all red and all white versions look okay.

Regarding the new CBR, we shall see... but it looks like they brought a bowie knife to the sword fight. Maybe - maybe - the bike will have electronics that outperform the others, but I am very sceptical. Otherwise, I do appreciate that they went to the wall to lighten up the stock bike but if you want to track-prep it (otherwise, the performance is STELLAR for street riders) then you will have vanishingly small improvements - Honda even used a lithium battery, which as far as I know is the first company to ever use one in production. There are signs of cost reduction, such as the standard M4 brakes. New S1000RR and RSV4 will almost certainly laugh disparagingly at their efforts, weight reduction be-damned.

Holy crapola, the CBR has a titanium fuel tank. Wonder what the replacement cost on that is. Hey Shaman, when is Aprilia gonna have semi-active suspension on the Tuono? :p

You know... after looking at it a little harder, I think it's only the red/black Supersport that is offputting. The all red and all white versions look okay.

Holy crapola, the CBR has a titanium fuel tank. Wonder what the replacement cost on that is. Hey Shaman, when is Aprilia gonna have semi-active suspension on the Tuono? :p

hopefully it doesn't leak

Don't want semi-active suspension, at least until it really works on the track. And yep, I am aware that some of my reputation is on the line for racing the V4. I am not concerned, my easy going testing a few weeks ago had people coming up and asking me wtf bike I was riding and why was I easily kicking the @#$% out of everything at the track. One of them was a S1000RR owner. If I can't make that stick in the races, then it's me and not the bike... it kicks the @#$@ out of everything I raced this year.

Sad, looks like the big mighty Honda is playing catch up.
How did Honda fall so far behind considering they have all the $$$ compared to the other brands?

That video was funny, true Honda cult bs...#1 power to weight ratio (in CBR history)...lol
no in 2016 2017 make a damn boat anchor and then at least be #1 for the heaviest bike.

Don't want semi-active suspension, at least until it really works on the track. And yep, I am aware that some of my reputation is on the line for racing the V4. I am not concerned, my easy going testing a few weeks ago had people coming up and asking me wtf bike I was riding and why was I easily kicking the @#$% out of everything at the track. One of them was a S1000RR owner. If I can't make that stick in the races, then it's me and not the bike... it kicks the @#$@ out of everything I raced this year.

So what you're saying is that you won the track day?

Back
Top Bottom