2015 SOAR Rulebook including Ontario & Quebec Championship Point Structure | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2015 SOAR Rulebook including Ontario & Quebec Championship Point Structure

Funny how a Hockey ticket is over 300 bucks and the arena is always sold out.

The reason for low attendance (with all due respect) is not the price, it is that there is no marketing and no one gives a damn about motorcycle racing in Canada.

Make the entrance 5 dollars and the same amount of people will come.

25 dollars to see a bunch of people risk their lifes to me is a pretty damn low price. A movie ticket is 15 bucks

There is also no interest in bringing spectators in from what I have seen, crappy seating. Vehicles parked between what crappy stands there are and the track anyone I know who has gone to watch only did so once. Spectators are not even a consideration or concern from what I have seen.

The reason for low attendance (with all due respect) is not the price, it is that there is no marketing and no one gives a damn about motorcycle racing in Canada. Make the entrance 5 dollars and the same amount of people will come.

I agree with this 100%.

When we first started racing at GBM the sign on the road would read something like "Welcome SOAR Superbike Racers". Something that might actually the attention of those driving by. The last several times I looked it read stuff like "SOAR Round 4" or it hadn't been updated at all and was still showing info from the previous weekend.

GBM management/ownership does a lot of good stuff but it's sad when the race track itself does basically nothing to promote the event.

Funny how a Hockey ticket is over 300 bucks and the arena is always sold out.

The reason for low attendance (with all due respect) is not the price, it is that there is no marketing and no one gives a damn about motorcycle racing in Canada.

Make the entrance 5 dollars and the same amount of people will come.

25 dollars to see a bunch of people risk their lifes to me is a pretty damn low price. A movie ticket is 15 bucks
I was just going to say 2 people to a movie with a drink and popcorn is 50 friggin dollars. The only time I've been to the track was actually a soar practice day at Grand bend and it was awesome. Sucks it's so far but I'll be out again and for some races for sure this year. It's a shame it's not marketed better. It was really really cool to see in person and the people I did meet were very friendly.

I couldn't get people to drive 30 min to Mosport (30-40min from all my friends) to watch the nationals never mind 1.5hrs to shannonville or 3-3.5 to GB.

Lots of people just aren't interested. Look at the amount of riders on this forum that couldn't care less about it and they have an interest in bikes.

It would be nice if the track put in something for spectators. We have brought many spectators with us when we race and it has always been a good experience. When they first arrive, they are impressed with what is going on in the pits and the activity going on around them. Then when the races start it is almost embarrassing when you take them over by the track where you tell them they have to watch from standing on the grass. It all seems fairly professional, until that point, when it seems pretty small time. The racing is great, but the spectator experience at GBM leaves a lot to be desired.

Why do you guys think it lacks popularity here? Is there something forums or racers could do to help blow it up a little? :dontknow:

Then when the races start it is almost embarrassing when you take them over by the track where you tell them they have to watch from standing on the grass. It all seems fairly professional, until that point, when it seems pretty small time. The racing is great, but the spectator experience at GBM leaves a lot to be desired.
I would agree with this point, They could think something up, i guess the problem is balancing safety and placing a big stand somewhere on the track where racers won't crash against, god knows some of us get pretty creative with the places we decide to crash on.

Why do you guys think it lacks popularity here? Is there something forums or racers could do to help blow it up a little? :dontknow:
Not popular because of the crap experience provided for spectators IMHO. Put in some stands clear the are between the stands and the track and run the races on time.

Shannonville has great grandstands that allow you to see 95% of the track....

Shannonville has great grandstands that allow you to see 95% of the track....

Until GBM has something similar there is no chance of spactator attendance rising unfortunately

I guess just trying to think of ways to attract people to the sport.
Also an example, I was trying to convince a group at work to come out. They all ride together and I suggest come out to the races.
I give them the details and they were not so excited when I told them the fee/distance lol.
It's true $50-$100 to get my family wasn't the end-all-be-all. I've spent more then that when I was racing to get my brothers and a couple of their friends in a Shanni.
But still if the racers try and spread the word outside of just the part to get sponsors/supporters would be nice if we could get spectatorship to grow.
I've tossed around ideas like maybe on the grounds just outside the track have a "rib-fest", or even better yet, how about a "summer bike show".
Riders can come attend that and see their favorite vendors, then since they came all that way anyway maybe worth while to check out the races.
If spectatorship grew, so would the possibility of attracting class sponsors and awareness to get out the word on what this sport really is all about.
There are some amazingly talented riders out there and would be awesome to see some fans cheer them on. In addition to that, the organizers of the events are already working tirelessly with little recognition for all the hard work. Some cheering fans would sure be a nice thank you. :)

There are a few problems with watching the races at grand bend. The grand stands suck pretty bad. You can not see all of the track. That is not the end of the world but the PA system also sucks. The announcer does a great job but you can not hear him. This leaves you staring at a empty track as the bikes are obscured by the mx track.

Put in some better grand stands and a PA system that the fans and racers can hear.

How fast people forget,, or how new people quickly lay judgement.
Keep up the great improvements GB and good work Ken,Chris and RACE

Back
Top Bottom