2015 Demo Days | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2015 Demo Days

Just so everyone is aware

Ducati requires full M ...21 years of age and a credit card deposit of $2500 if something happens to the bike

dealer for their specific event details.

Ducati Experience Tour

May

Maranello Moto Sport*|*Toronto, ON*|*5/15 - 5/17

Peninsula Import Ducati*|*Oakville, ON*|*5/22 - 5/24

Apex Cycle Sports*|*Cambridge, ON*|*6/26 - 6/27

July

GP Bikes*|*Whitby, ON*|*7/3 - 7/4

RSVP is a must
Where did you get this? I've been looking on Ducati Canada's Website on the Ducati Experience Tour page I found the following;

• All riders and passengers must be 21 years of age. The rider is properly qualified and licensed to operate the Motorcycle under the laws of the Province in which the test ride will be conducted (in Ontario M2, M) and that such license is not under suspension or subject to pending suspension. No learners permits or licenses are accepted.

When operating the Motorcycle, the rider/passengers shall at all times wear a motorcycle helmet, which is designated and a minimum DOT approved for motorcycling. Riders choosing to use an open face helmet must have adequate eye protection. Note: "Beanie" helmets of any type are not allowed. Very old helmets may also be considered unsafe and accordingly not acceptable for our demo rides. Full finger riding gloves, jeans without holes or riding pants, boots or shoes that cover the ankles, a long sleeved jacket. Riders and passengers are responsible for bringing their own riding gear. The rider can't be under the influence of any drugs or alcohol.

Please contact the local dealer for more information regarding the demo event.

That in mind/ aside I also went to look to make a reservation for the demo day this weekend and I couldn't find it anywhere on Ducati Canada's website or Maranello's website. On Ducati Canada's website there is a spot to sign up for reservations for test rides, but that doesn't look like the Demo Ride Ducati Experience- where you apply for the test ride it depicts the following;
I am 18 years or older and I have a valid driver's license with a motorcycle endorsement

I'm going to call them @ Maranello to clarify the situation this weekend. Unless you already have abkdt41.. thanks for the heads up either way.

KTM Demo days

Full M and riding gear required

View attachment 36895

Where did you get this too?lol your killing me dude! I looked on KTM's site and Ready Powersports and couldnt find anything at all.. links please.

I called peninsula import in oakville and thts what they told me

So I just called Maranello Moto Sport, they're going to call me back. Some dealers are specific, I know Snowcity does RSVP/registration- Obviously not at all the same class/level but same idea. Did you RSVP with Peninsula Import directly on their website, via email or phone?

Rode the gladius sfv 650 at BPS during the demo ride this weekend. Having only been on Honda bikes, I was very impressed. The bike had great pick up and seemed super light. It was easy to ride and really liked to lean in the twisties! The throttle was very responsive and it was easy to get up to speed. The nakedness of the bike was nice and I didn't find the wind an issue, even at 100kms/hr. The shorter height and wheelbase made it a fun ride. Just might be my next bike. I wanna hit a few other demo rides to be sure though. Maybe take one out for a bit longer ride. Staff at BPS and the SUZUKI reps were nice too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was there, too. Nice people, well-run event, though I felt like I was the only rider in the group who couldn't take all the turns at full speed.
Didn't manage to book the Gladius, but tried the C50 and the 650 VStrom. Loved the C50, not exactly fast, but strong, smooth, and quiet; comfortable, too. I want it, but I still need to try a Vulcan 900 for comparison. The Vstrom was neat...about the same weight as my Vulcan 500, but much higher. Light and quick. Had trouble getting out of neutral, though, happened twice. If you get the chance, you ought to check one the 650 Vstrom before you decide on the Gladius, they seem very similar.

So I finally got a hold of them last night at Maranello Moto Sport, it is RSVP like you said, however no full M required, you do have to be 21 though with at least your M2. No credit card deposit required for the corporate demo day, only if your riding their bikes on a non corporate demo day which is privately arranged and reserved. They're taking a $20 donation for each bike you ride though going to the Canadian Olympic Team. BBQ+ great bikes like always with Demo Days. I'm looking forward to this- even having to pay. Spots are limited, so give them a call if your interested and qualify guys. Proper riding gear required like always.

So I finally got a hold of them last night at Maranello Moto Sport, it is RSVP like you said, however no full M required, you do have to be 21 though with at least your M2. No credit card deposit required for the corporate demo day, only if your riding their bikes on a non corporate demo day which is privately arranged and reserved. They're taking a $20 donation for each bike you ride though going to the Canadian Olympic Team. BBQ+ great bikes like always with Demo Days. I'm looking forward to this- even having to pay. Spots are limited, so give them a call if your interested and qualify guys. Proper riding gear required like always.
I believe those are the rules for the BMW demo day

I believe those are the rules for the BMW demo day
I'm just posting what I was told when I called and registered for Maranello Moto Sport in reference to this weekends Ducati Experience Tour.. Have you heard similar from Budd's BMW? Or another dealer? I'll RSVP for BMW Toronto via email, phone or I'll just drop in. I specifically asked the sales rep from Maranello about the conditions you had posted that you got from Peninsula Import, and the rep said they only take a credit card deposit for a private scheduled demo of there own bikes that are not corporate owned by the manufacturer. I confirmed I can ride this weekend with my M2, and no credit card deposit this weekend, just the $20 donation for each bike ridden. A buddy called to register as well, we'll be riding together, apparently the ride is an hour long. I'm pretty excited- he was somewhat disappointed though that there will not be a Scrambler available at all to demo all weekend.

I hadn't checked their demo page until now after you mentioned it- I had looked before but I didn't see anything. I was super annoyed since I live around the corner from BMW Toronto. I just took a quick look and found the following.

[h=3]Maranello Motorrad, Woodbridge ON - Monday, May 25, 2015[/h] RSVP Contact: mbetz@maranellomotosport.com
[h=3]Budds' Motorrad, Oakville ON - Tuesday, May 26, 2015[/h] RSVP Contact: scrouch@buddsbmw.com
[h=3]Wolf BMW, London ON - Thursday, May 28, 2015[/h] RSVP Contact: sales@wolfbmw.com
[h=3]BMW Toronto, Toronto ON - Sunday, May 31, 2015[/h] RSVP Contact: Tim.Sarch@bmwtoronto.ca
[h=3]Endras Motorrad, Ajax ON - Monday, June 01, 2015[/h] RSVP Contact: adam.hancock@endrasbmw.com

[h=3]Ottawa Motorrad, Ottawa ON - Tuesday, June 16, 2015[/h] RSVP Contact: jasonthoms@ottawagoodtime.com

BMW is also collecting donations for the olympic society...$20/ride

When I RSVP'd with maranello there was no mention of a donation for the ducati ride

I'm off work on the 25th, gonna rsvp at Maranello. They emailed me Tuesday that the R1200 GS was in. (told them I was not looking to buy, but still wanted to try it.)

I found the BMW demos off road and on at Mosport very good - interesting approach to downhill in dirt....grab the ABS and relax....now THAT was tough to overcome 50 years of taking it very easy on the front brake downhill in dirt.

Honda Rock the Red also was good. Very informative ....one brilliant ride on the CB500x intro which has turned out to be a real winner and the worst demo rider EVAH on an NC700x - blech.

Back
Top Bottom