2015 Demo Days | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2015 Demo Days

To be truly honest.... Most demo days are a complete waste of time.... Either because of the slow route they take.... Other riders in the group... Weather.... Time

If you truly want to check out a bike.... Contact your local dealer and do a one on one ride where you can pick time/day and the route you take and not have to worry about other riders

abkdt41 wouldn't that require us to have a genuine interest and be looking to buy a/the new bike? I generally do this to get out try different bikes that I otherwise might never even look at- serious or otherwise. By no means is everyone in the same boat as me.

Between the slow routes, other riders in the group and traffic I've found that Yeah- the rides could be 10X better, but it's better than nothing.
I spent most of the day today.. I'd say 75-80% of it riding Harleys today. Some of the rides were better than others. One or two I didn't enjoy at all. But I had a great day off.

I certainly wouldn't say it was a complete waste of time at all. Best day off in a long time for sure.

All that being said, for the demo ride days that require riders to have there M for the SS bikes I would certainly make the appointment to try some of the bikes I'm more interested in- but either way at this point in my life I can confidently say I won't be buying a brand new bike any time soon. My income doesn't warrant it nor the lifestyle that comes with it.

To be truly honest.... Most demo days are a complete waste of time.... Either because of the slow route they take.... Other riders in the group... Weather.... Time

If you truly want to check out a bike.... Contact your local dealer and do a one on one ride where you can pick time/day and the route you take and not have to worry about other riders

Pros and Cons to each - did a Kawi Demo of the Ninja 1000 a few years back where the guy just gave me the keys and told me to get lost for 45 mins, but then I had to awkwardly sit with the salesman for 30 mins with him going over numbers (no intention to buy, was advertised as a demo day so figured I'd go).

Today at Richmond Hill Harley was great, rode the Sportster 883, XL1200T, Softail Slim, and a Dyna Fat Bob - pretty much did 4 rides in a row with a break between 3 and 4 to get a free burger... All the staff was very helpful and not pushy at all. Route was slow and you couldn't open things up but it still gives you a sense of the bikes, honestly couldn't believe how much I enjoyed them all - never thought I'd consider a Harley but now I'm dreaming lol.

Nice to meet you too eoszlak I think you got snapped in one of these pics BTW

Last edited:
abkdt41 wouldn't that require us to have a genuine interest and be looking to buy a/the new bike? I generally do this to get out try different bikes that I otherwise might never even look at- serious or otherwise. By no means is everyone in the same boat as me.

Between the slow routes, other riders in the group and traffic I've found that Yeah- the rides could be 10X better, but it's better than nothing.
I spent most of the day today.. I'd say 75-80% of it riding Harleys today. Some of the rides were better than others. One or two I didn't enjoy at all. But I had a great day off.

I certainly wouldn't say it was a complete waste of time at all. Best day off in a long time for sure.

All that being said, for the demo ride days that require riders to have there M for the SS bikes I would certainly make the appointment to try some of the bikes I'm more interested in- but either way at this point in my life I can confidently say I won't be buying a brand new bike any time soon. My income doesn't warrant it nor the lifestyle that comes with it.
I agree with you... My post was in response to some of the guys that wanted to try specific higher end bikes.... And who are truly interested in purchasing.... They should do solo demo rides

If you just want a good outing.... Great way to do it

Pros and Cons to each - did a Kawi Demo of the Ninja 1000 a few years back where the guy just gave me the keys and told me to get lost for 45 mins, but then I had to awkwardly sit with the salesman for 30 mins with him going over numbers (no intention to buy, was advertised as a demo day so figured I'd go).

Today at Richmond Hill Harley was great, rode the Sportster 883, XL1200T, Softail Slim, and a Dyna Fat Bob - pretty much did 4 rides in a row with a break between 3 and 4 to get a free burger... All the staff was very helpful and not pushy at all. Route was slow and you couldn't open things up but it still gives you a sense of the bikes, honestly couldn't believe how much I enjoyed them all - never thought I'd consider a Harley but now I'm dreaming lol.

Nice to meet you too eoszlak I think you got snapped in one of these pics BTW

Great Shots! lol You did get a few of me in there, with the V-Rod. The staff were great for sure, and yeah, the route wasn't great, but it does the trick and gives you a little taste. Today was my first time ever riding Harleys, last time I was there for their Demo Day I road the Buell SS full fairing and naked and it was nothing like today's experience. I've had people tell me once you go Harley You don't go back. I wouldn't push it quite that far but I get it now. Before today I don't think I would ever in my life considered buying a new or used Harley. That's no longer the case though.. they're officially contenders. Glad you enjoyed yourself as well. Did you guys make it out to Royal and find anything interesting/worth while or at least enjoy the ride out there?

I agree with you... My post was in response to some of the guys that wanted to try specific higher end bikes.... And who are truly interested in purchasing.... They should do solo demo rides

If you just want a good outing.... Great way to do it

Absolutely. I've got a bit of a double edged sword. Yes I want the outing, but having ridden an interesting small variety of bikes including my R1's, various displacement vintage Honda's and my friends R6; I certainly am interested in trying out the new technology and feeling the various differences in some of the SS, larger displacement, and different types of bikes.

Not sure I could sit down for 30 minutes though and just talk numbers with a Sales Rep, but 45 minutes to myself on a bike that I'm at all actually interested in would be heaven.
Too bad we can't really get rentals in Ontario.

Larry's Small Engines in Orangeville will also be hosting a Suzuki Demo Day on Saturday, May 9th @ 10am

The Honda Demo Day at Larry's is on Sunday, May 24th @ 10am.

Both rides are first come first served and all the usual conditions for riders apply.

Last edited:
Larry's Small Engines in Orangeville will also be hosting a Suzuki Demo Day on Saturday, May 9th @ 10am

The Honda Demo Day at Larry's is on Sunday, May 24th @ 10am.

Both rides are first come first served and all the usual conditions for riders apply.
Thank you Malks. I am off Saturday as well and that could work.. Orangeville is a bit far for me and I really ought to spend some time working on some of my bikes so I can them up for sale and out of my possession.
Usual conditions though being M for SS 600CC+?? I haven't even looked at their demo ride line up yet.

Not sure I could sit down for 30 minutes though and just talk numbers with a Sales Rep, but 45 minutes to myself on a bike that I'm at all actually interested in would be heaven.

Just need to find a decent dealership. I demo'd a Multitrada 1200 and Street Triple a few years back. They gave us the keys and even paid us back for the gas we topped up because we rode to Port Hope an were running low. Nice 2hr+ self guided demo ride :) :)

Just need to find a decent dealership. I demo'd a Multitrada 1200 and Street Triple a few years back. They gave us the keys and even paid us back for the gas we topped up because we rode to Port Hope an were running low. Nice 2hr+ self guided demo ride :) :)

Jeez what dealership was this?

++1 I second that. What dealership was this?
The big one in the east end. Starts with G ends with bikes. ;-)
Yeah, that was in 2010 when the multistrada came out and they were still in the small shop in Ajax. If they have a demo bike in stock then you an test ride. Policy may have changed as I don't think they do it on sat mornings anymore.
No sales pressure either. Another reason my $$ goes to this dealership for great customer service.

Try at demo at Sturgess in Hamilton. They have a twisty route planned out, they tell the corporate guys to go have coffee, they do the first run at a slow pace, once they know the route is clear, the subsequent rides are fast, really fast.

Id arrange a private test ride if you are interested in buying.....it's gonna be crazy busy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was planning on going to markham honda. Now I'm thinking maybe suzuki..

From experience most people will want supersports. I am going to try cruisers...

So I showed up around 8:45 to BPS for Suzuki demo. They started registering people around 9 for 10 o'clock ride. Every model was available, we probably had like easily 15 bikes in the group, they did not limit people to full M for Gixxers, but still at least asked how much experience people had. I was #21 in line, so 20 people ahead of me, and scored the first ride out (10 o'clock) on C90t.

Overall, the ride was almost 45 minutes long. It was very well organized with 4 Suzuki reps. We went over some twisties and back roads. I am very happy that I went.

Came back, there was still lineup to sign up for the next ride. Seeing that C50 was only available for 12 o'clock ride (all SS were fully booked at least until 2pm), I went home.

Attachments

• C90t.jpg
    C90t.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 51
I didn't find them very organized at all. Not compared to Davies HD last weekend at least. I showed up at 10:05 just after the first ride went out.. I got on the VSTORM 650 on the 11AM ride, and got to ride the VSTORM 1000 and GSXS750 after. I stayed most of the day and the SS bikes were booked for the entire day. With my M2 they would not let be ride M109, Hayabusa and GSXR1000. Everything else was fine, I just didn't want to wait and have anymore down time than I already did there. They told me I could only go on the 3 test rides and that I couldn't go on a fourth or fifth even if there were bikes sitting. Good pace route/course though. Great ride today. Picked up some gear at BPS and will be back next weekend for Honda as long as the weather holds up. I ended up covering a lot of the city by the end of the day- close to 150-200km today almost. I'll figure it out tomorrow. Like I said great day, it got hot today- it was super busy this morning but it was worth it.

Back
Top Bottom