2011 Moto GP? | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2011 Moto GP?

Cheer him on like this you mean.

n520359_Crash_Stoner_Rossi001.slideshow.jpg

Ya I saw the tires on the podium bikes. Crazy! No wonder guys were dropping left and right! Slicks in the rain, niiice.

why are spec tires losing their treads?

I think it's because they have only one choice : soft. That may have to do with it, but I don't know much more than that so I may be wrong.

They all went out on full rains (S comp) but the track was dry in a lot of places. Jerez Tarmac composition is highly abrasive.

Wasn't worth the time loss to come in for a tire change.

There is always a Bridgestone Tire report following every event.

Cheer him on like this you mean.

n520359_Crash_Stoner_Rossi001.slideshow.jpg

That hand gesture was meant to the track officials who helped Rossi get up and push started his bike and then basically only one guy was left pushing Stoners bike....but hey...apparently this new fandangled secret transmission honda is using makes bump starting the bike almost impossible....thats why not a single Honda was able to get going again....

hmmm i see a Yamaha/Ducati strategy here....make everyone wipe out in the first corner, pick your bikes up and keep going cuz Hondas are gonna be left stranded! LOL!!

in all seriousness, If there is anyone who is aware of Ducati's ongoing front end issue it should be Stoner, but to tell Rossi that he doesnt have the talent, you just look like an idiot.

Rossi set the fastest lap time, went from 12th to 2nd (briefly) on what everyone has said to be an inferior machine...obviously its his talent and not the machine thats keeping him in the fight for championship.

Half these guys are barely past their early 20's, some still there. You're riding in pinnacle of the sport you love doing, and you're damn good at it with a chance at the title. You get wiped out. Your horrible male temper kicks in, you get angry and say/do stuff, I think it's pretty normal what Stoner did he was sad :sad11:. His sarcastic remarks about Rossi's shoulder was ok though, as was his talent remark. Do we expect stoner to just shrug it off and say "it's ok mate, I accept your apology, see ya next round! :wave:" all smiles...Stoner got zero points out of 25. Rossi got 11. Like the commentator said, these things can decide championships. Do people remember what Hayden looked like when Pedrosa took him out in 06? If this happened to Biaggi, he might have killed Rossi considering he slapped :boxing: Melandri for simply stuffing him in qualifying, let alone taking him out in a race, and that's from a 39 year old

Was Rossi's move too ambitious? well when any rider in a race is in the groove full of confidence, which he was since he was passing people left right and centre and he stated he had a chance to win as the bike felt great, he will make a move when he thinks it will work. He thought it'd work. He went for it, and we know the rest.

I see it as a racing, and I see Stoner's reaction as proper. After he calmed down, in the later press conference he said racing is racing and didn't call out at Rossi. For Stoner to make a few sarcastic remarks, some hand gestures really isn't overboard. Pretty fair game. It makes for an exciting season :cool:

Last edited:
In 2005 there was an ammendment to the FIM rules (does anyone know if these rules changed since 2005?) which stated the following:
1. Marshals may assit in the recovery of a motorcycle
2. Marshlas may hold a motorcycle while the rider makes repairs
3. Marshals may assist the rider with re-starting the motor

- Rossi received items 1 and 2, and he needed both, he did not need help re-starting his motor.
- Stoner needed help with all three items, and received only item 1. At least one marshal came to assist Stoner with re-starting his motor after Stoner gestured for them to come back.

An equally important oversight was the fact that once Rossi's Ducati rolled away all six marshals turned their back on Stoner's disabled bike, which was still on the racing surface, in a potential crash zone. Fair play put aside the Jerez marshals need a refresher course on safety.

Last edited:
MotoGP Rewind - Jerez

[video]http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2011/MotoGP+Rewind+from+Jerez[/video]

A little off topic but am I the only one who can't stand the Kawasaki commercial for the new 10R (see link above)? :eek:

Heh yeah that's a bit silly. Like, he's flat out on the straight thinking to himself "push it, push it!" Maybe he's taking a dump in his suit?

In 2005 there was an ammendment to the FIM rules (does anyone know if these rules changed since 2005?) which stated the following:

- Rossi received items 1 and 2, and he needed both, he did not need help re-starting his motor.
- Stoner needed help with all three items, and received only item 1. At least one marshal came to assist Stoner with re-starting his motor after Stoner gestured for them to come back.

An equally important oversight was the fact that once Rossi's Ducati rolled away all six marshals turned their back on Stoner's disabled bike, which was still on the racing surface, in a potential crash zone. Fair play put aside the Jerez marshals need a refresher course on safety.

maybe the spanish just dislike australians lol

How can you take someone out like that and then accept all the help around? Once he realized what happened he should have been a gentleman and bowed out gracefully. Not the type of sportsmanship I'd really want my kids to watch. Maybe that's why it's dying out?

http://www.crash.net/MotoGP/news/78227/1/pictures_stoner_fall_leaves_gibernau_injured.html

Anyone remember Stoner's taking out of Gibernau, breaking his hand, re-injuring his collarbone, ending his career and then going on to take his seat in the ducati as announced after the race?!?!?!

I wonder if he went behind the cameras to offer his deepest apologies for his talent-less riding!

This twat needs a PR coach and simply put he couldn't get to him out there on the track before he reverted back to his snotty moaning self once again.

http://www.motorbiketv.info/video/m...gp---rossi-stende-stoner-nel-gp-di-jerez-2011

Watch the footage again...(in this video) the marshals DO NOT turn their back on Stoner "once Rossi was away". Stoner had his own bike up off Rossi who was pinned under both bikes. The marshals first assisted the downed rider! Stoner was up and on his bike before Rossi was. The marshals were not aware Stoner's bike wasn't running. In fact Stoner admits to cutting the engine himself. Rossi on the other hand tried to keep it running.

And once Rossi was away, the marshals helped Stoner but the bike could not be started. Also the marshals ARE NOT ALLOWED to run on the track with the rider to bump start the bike. They can only push so far.

There is more footage on the web out there that shows the incident from spectators' vantage points and shows there was no bias assistance.

http://www.twowheelsblog.com/post/6197/motogp-jerez-videos-helping-the-fim-decide

Notice clearly in the second video how Stoner had assistance that wasn't clear in the first video from MotoGP. In the first video Stoner backs out of the shot and appears to have had no help while Rossi had it all. But the fan footage clearly shows Stoner had another batch of marshals with him the whole time! When he waved for more, they ALL went to Stoner and pushed him ALL THE WAY BACK ONTO THE TRACK, which by the point they cannot go any further!!! Stoner couldn't restart his bike and whined like a brat!

The only issue there is that the marshals may have thought Stoner's bike was good to go and left him for a second. If they thought his bike was running, they may have thought Rossi was simply in Stoner's way, so he couldn't proceed. But then Stoner calls them back and they ALL run over to him, putting in their full effort, to the point where one marshal even falls pushing Stoner!

I call BS on Stoner and given what he did to Gibernau he better keep his mouth in check! Maybe next time he falls, some rider with a 10th of the skill he has should ask him about his scaphoid repeatedly and question his talent. Maybe someone like Tony Elias...who also took out Rossi in 2006 which was enough to cost Rossi the championship! Check Rossi out in that vid...he doesn't curse Elias, he swings in frustration at the ground sure, but doesn't flip off Elias!

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2006/Elias+apologizes+for+Rossi+crash

Rossi lost that season by 5 points if you all recall, and many people say he blew it due to the Valencia crash. He manned up and owned that mistake, only blaming himself for losing the Championship to Hayden. He never blamed Yamaha for the engine failure in Leguna, or Michelin for the tire failure that year, or Elias for knocking him down in the first turn of the first race!

Stoner is nowhere near the champ Rossi is, and clearly has forgotten that and what he has done to other riders in his past, as well as what has happened between other riders in this sport.

Last edited:
How can you take someone out like that and then accept all the help around? Once he realized what happened he should have been a gentleman and bowed out gracefully. Not the type of sportsmanship I'd really want my kids to watch. Maybe that's why it's dying out?

You want a factory rider to stop riding after a crash.......I'm sure the team and sponsors would be impressed.
A few years back there were riders taken out on purpose.....good thing your kids didn't see that!

BS. Rossi made sure the cameras where there when he went over, all he cared about was that it was caught on camera. Casey in a post interview even called Rossie out on this, saying it would've been nice if Rossie came over in private and apologized rather than when all the media was there. Props to Casey for flipping it back on Rossie with his reply. Which was 100% accurate.
INVALID OPINION........you spelled rossi with an ie at the end, try again. :)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

http://www.motorbiketv.info/video/m...gp---rossi-stende-stoner-nel-gp-di-jerez-2011

Watch the footage again...(in this video) the marshals DO NOT turn their back on Stoner "once Rossi was away". Stoner had his own bike up off Rossi who was pinned under both bikes. The marshals first assisted the downed rider! Stoner was up and on his bike before Rossi was. The marshals were not aware Stoner's bike wasn't running. In fact Stoner admits to cutting the engine himself. Rossi on the other hand tried to keep it running.

And once Rossi was away, the marshals helped Stoner but the bike could not be started. Also the marshals ARE NOT ALLOWED to run on the track with the rider to bump start the bike. They can only push so far.

There is more footage on the web out there that shows the incident from spectators' vantage points and shows there was no bias assistance.

http://www.twowheelsblog.com/post/6197/motogp-jerez-videos-helping-the-fim-decide

Notice clearly in the second video how Stoner had assistance that wasn't clear in the first video from MotoGP. In the first video Stoner backs out of the shot and appears to have had no help while Rossi had it all. But the fan footage clearly shows Stoner had another batch of marshals with him the whole time! When he waved for more, they ALL went to Stoner and pushed him ALL THE WAY BACK ONTO THE TRACK, which by the point they cannot go any further!!! Stoner couldn't restart his bike and whined like a brat!

The only issue there is that the marshals may have thought Stoner's bike was good to go and left him for a second. If they thought his bike was running, they may have thought Rossi was simply in Stoner's way, so he couldn't proceed. But then Stoner calls them back and they ALL run over to him, putting in their full effort, to the point where one marshal even falls pushing Stoner!

I call BS on Stoner and given what he did to Gibernau he better keep his mouth in check! Maybe next time he falls, some rider with a 10th of the skill he has should ask him about his scaphoid repeatedly and question his talent. Maybe someone like Tony Elias...who also took out Rossi in 2006 which was enough to cost Rossi the championship! Check Rossi out in that vid...he doesn't curse Elias, he swings in frustration at the ground sure, but doesn't flip off Elias!

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2006/Elias+apologizes+for+Rossi+crash

Rossi lost that season by 5 points if you all recall, and many people say he blew it due to the Valencia crash. He manned up and owned that mistake, only blaming himself for losing the Championship to Hayden. He never blamed Yamaha for the engine failure in Leguna, or Michelin for the tire failure that year, or Elias for knocking him down in the first turn of the first race!

Stoner is nowhere near the champ Rossi is, and clearly has forgotten that and what he has done to other riders in his past, as well as what has happened between other riders in this sport.

Watched from another angle..........doesn't change anything. The Marshals still needed encouragement to get Stoner's bike clear. This isn't a question of fair play really, it's not Rossi's fault that Stoner's bike stalled, but the Marshals need to make sure that Stoner's bike was cleared from any potential crash zones. If that means pulling his bike into the gravel as Stoner kicks and screams as opposed to helping him re-start the motor, so be it. People are turning this into a Stoner/Rossi bash fest and it really shouldn't be. To be honest I didn't find the pass to be aggressive, just a little ambitious, which makes it pretty common in racing these days.

Back
Top Bottom