2011 Moto GP? | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2011 Moto GP?

Who does the commentating for the "official" MotoGP subscription?

Its the same guys who do Eurosport coverage. Or should I say, Eurosport coverage uses official commentators.
I've had MotoGP videopass for the 3 seasons now and would never go back!! Worth the money 100%.

I discovered the iphone the other day too! :D I woke up late in bed after a night at the bar and was able to just grab the phone off the night stand and watch FP3 sessions.

Whenever possible I try to catch the action on British Eurosport, where live broadcasts are typically found on Eurosport 2. Here's their guide:
http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/

Live streams aren't difficult to find but good ones are, especially during race day. I've had the best luck with Veetle streams.

I am loving the 720p streams they added this year on MotoGP subscription. Hooked it up to the TV and it looked awesome!!!! :D

They added the on-board from Qatar on motogp.com

Its the same guys who do Eurosport coverage. Or should I say, Eurosport coverage uses official commentators.
I've had MotoGP videopass for the 3 seasons now and would never go back!! Worth the money 100%.

I discovered the iphone the other day too! :D I woke up late in bed after a night at the bar and was able to just grab the phone off the night stand and watch FP3 sessions.
Hmm, might be worth it. Toby Moody and Julian Ryder are a riot, plus Spalders usually knows exactly whats what in the tech department.

The Qatar race I got all the practice and qualifying in eurosport and then the race was uploaded from BBC which is nowhere near as good.

Any calls on Jerez?

Is Lorenzo going to beat the Hondas basically...

Lorenzo all set for Jerez return

Tuesday, 29 March 2011
The reigning World Champion is excited at the prospect of this weekend’s Gran Premio bwin de España, where he won last year. Factory Yamaha Racing team-mate Ben Spies says he has “unfinished business” at the circuit.

Jerez demands analysed by Bridgestone

Tuesday, 29 March 2011
MotoGP’s official tyre supplier previews the second round of the 2011 World Championship this weekend, to which it will bring medium and hard front tyres and soft and medium rear options.

Bridgestone are preparing for the first European round of the 2011 World Championship this weekend, as MotoGP arrives at Jerez.
Track temperatures often reach over 40º

Rossi and Hayden looking forward to Jerez

Tuesday, 29 March 2011
The Ducati Team riders are eager to push on at Round 2, the first European race of the 2011 MotoGP World Championship, which takes place this weekend.

Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden are more than ready to force the issue at this weekend’s Gran Premio bwin de España, as the Ducati Team duo prepare to kickstart their respective seasons at Jerez.
Rossi is the most successful rider of all time at the track having won six premier class races there, whilst Hayden has podium experience from his title-winning 2006 season, and after the opening round in Qatar both riders are aiming on improving on their finishes of seventh (Rossi) and ninth (Hayden) respectively.
“Qatar, with its many hard corner entries and areas where we brake to the right, was difficult for my shoulder. We’ll see if Jerez is a little easier from that point of view, although I think I’ll still have to grit my teeth for a while,” said Rossi. “Since Qatar, I’ve continued working out in the gym to try and increase my strength and especially my endurance, but after Spain I’ll have almost a month to recuperate more fully, following the postponement of the Japanese Grand Prix.”
He continued: “From a technical point of view, Jerez doesn’t seem to have been the most favourable track for Ducati, but I’ve always liked it a lot and we’ll definitely have to try and do better than we have until now. For the moment, we’ll continue working on the set-up, using everything we learned in Qatar, where we found some good solutions for the race.”
Hayden, who took his Desmosedici to a fourth-placed finish at the Andalucian track last year, said: “Jerez is a really unique race with a great track. It’s one of the highlights of the whole season, and because it’s the first European race, in some ways it almost feels like it’s the first race of the year all over again. It’s a track I’ve enjoyed in the past, and I definitely enjoy racing there.”
“Round 1 in Qatar obviously didn’t go how we’d hoped, pretty much from the start of the weekend, so we need to just try and learn from that and go into Jerez and hopefully come out a lot stronger on Friday. Hopefully we can get up closer to the sharp end and have a bit of fun. Jerez can be a really fun weekend if you’re in the mix. We don’t really have any miracle game plan or anything crazy. We’ll just go in there and try and get a good result.”

TAGS

Last edited:
I would think Lorenzo and Pedrosa will be fighting for this one.
Hoping the Duc's go well there as well.

I would think Lorenzo and Pedrosa will be fighting for this one.
Hoping the Duc's go well there as well.

It is time for Spies to break through, but Lorenzo is just so freaking fast, so are the hondas this season. Can't wait for NEXT
SPA_30x19.png
Gran Premio bwin de España
COUNTDOWN:
days,
hours,
minutes,
seconds

So anyone watched Jerez FP1 and FP2 yet?
Seems like it will be an interesting race on Sunday the way things are shaping up. :)

Kinda slow times for ideal conditions. Nice to see Rossi up there tho, even if he couldn't get under 1:40. He seems to get better launches on the Duc so maybe... a podium if he doesn't go off pace in the later part of the race.

Same for Danny. Hope he can keep pace till the end. Can't let Stoner get a good lead on the season or he'll run away with it..

1. Casey Stoner - 1'39.55
  2. Dani Pedrosa - 1'39.57
  3. Valentino Rossi - 1'40.07
  4. Marco Simoncelli - 1'40.17
  5. Jorge Lorenzo - 1'40.42
  6. Andrea Dovizioso - 1'40.429
  7. Ben Spies - 1'40.458
  8. Colin Edwards - 1'41.063
  9. Randy De Puniet - 1'41.064
  10. Nicky Hayden - 1'41.23

All I gotta say is what a f'n race!!!!!!

That was unfortunate. Rossi was moving. Should be interesting if Stoner bounces back or gets all depressed.
Stoner did end Setes Gibernau's career by taking him out (a few years back) so he is familiar with racing incidents like this.

I feel for Simocelli, Spies , and Edwards. Would of been nice to see at least one of those guys up there.

OMG at Stoner's quote to Rossi
"your ambition outweighed your talent" LOL

I think he could've chosen better words to express himself, but thats my opinion.

Racing is racing, risk is involved and sometimes '**** happens'

Back
Top Bottom