2011 Moto GP? | Page 18 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2011 Moto GP?

3 S's on the front row for QP

Stoner, Spies, Simoncelli

Rain cut the whole session's useful time by about half. So who knows what will be of the race tomorrow!

3 S's on the front row for QP

Stoner, Spies, Simoncelli

Rain cut the whole session's useful time by about half. So who knows what will be of the race tomorrow!

Hopefully interesting. Would like to see Simoncelli finish (maybe with a podium!)

Good race! :D
Last 8 laps got exciting!!!!!
Championship has gotten closer.
Congrats to the guys on podium! Very happy for the rider on Second! :)

Still a jerk move. You probably wouldn't see Hayden doing something like that..... hey wait, didn't Pedro brake Hayden's collarbone and Scapula and then blame Hayden.... oh ya he did. He's a jerk.

BTW - the race was one of the best this year.

Still a jerk move. You probably wouldn't see Hayden doing something like that..... hey wait, didn't Pedro brake Hayden's collarbone and Scapula and then blame Hayden.... oh ya he did. He's a jerk.

Agreed, and the other Honda boy watching and Laughing..*******

I guess Rossi was right ...see my signature

I don't know, dude broke his collar bone and ruined his season. Tough for me to judge.

Have a good look at the race video of that incident. Simoncelli was making a risky but clean pass. It was the midget that panicked and stood his bike up, made contact and caused the crash. Not Simoncelli. Simoncelli is being vilified for this and I'm not sure what that is all about. Simoncelli has the heart of a real racer who is exciting to watch. Pedrosa is just a very fast rider.

Last edited:

Are you talking about 2006? I don't think anything was broken, Hayden got back up to podium and win the championship in the next race in Valencia.

Agreed, but that's not saying much. Great charge from Lorenzo in the 2nd half! Those diving passes on Dovi and Stoner in the downhill S-turns were ballsy!

Are you talking about 2006? I don't think anything was broken, Hayden got back up to podium and win the championship in the next race in Valencia.

True but just because Hayden doesn't break like Pedrosa or the fact Hayden went on to win the title does not mean the incident did not happen nor does it mean the move was any less idiotic or severe on Pedrosa's part. How bad a move is not weighed on how severe the victim is physically injured. However, that is exactly what has happened to MS. It's as if all the previous injuries DP has had and how everyone feels sorry for him has made MS's incident the worst thing that could have ever happened to DP because it has caused another injury. Don't get me wrong though it does suck for DP to get hurt again like that.

His shoulder was a mess.... for some reason I thought he busted up his Scapula too, but maybe it was just the rotator cuff. Anyhoo - you can read it here.... kid is pretty tough... Pedro is a little biatch. :D
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/Dec/061201-69.htm

Gary - the reason why they are making issues with Simo... is because Dorna's golden boy got hurt. If it were most other riders...... nothing.

Anyone here remember Loris Capirossi hitting Harada (I think) on the last corner of the last lap of the last race. There was NO WAY he was every going to make that corner unless he punted Harada off the track.... Harada goes down and he wins the 250 championship. - No penalty.

Then there was the time Hopkins caused a mess up in turn 1.... he got suspended for a race.

Capirossi did the exact same thing a year or two later (possibly even the same track) and well he got - No Penalty.

BUT -> Tamada does a "hard" move on someone at Brno.... and he got penalized.... I mean... it wasn't even all that bad.

If you are one of the "golden boys" then the rules are not the same. That's why I really enjoyed seeing Hayden and Stoner winning championships.... although Stoner is a bit of a whinny biatch too. :D

Last edited:
For you folks too young to remember.... $#!T I'm getting old.

Harada vs Capirossi ---- if Harada wasn't there to slow him down, Capirossi would have been in the weeds on the exit. #2 in the championship punting #1 off the track on the last lap of the season.... ya that's right.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x32ivg_moto-250-gp-capirossi-vs-harada-cra_auto

Motegi 2003 Hopkins messing up turn one.... I can't find any good articles on it... or video or pics... but I found this:
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=18045

Motegi 2004 Capirossi bowling for Suzukis
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2004/Hopkins+and+Roberts+worst+injured+in+first+corner+pile+up
123057_crash+motogp-1280x960-sep19.jpg._slideshow_169.jpg

So a pretty eventful FP1 with windy conditions being cited as the cause of 5 crashes (Stoner, Pedrosa, Crutchlow, Rossi and Elias)

FP2 the winds calmed down.

In the end of both FP's Simoncelli reigned supreme.

Meta, thanks for all those links, and that Cap/Harada vid, that was pretty ambitious lol. Interesting observation too because on the topic of Dorna and favouritism I recall one of the racers, I think Stoner, saying that Dorna favours the Europeans more than the Anglosaxons/any English speaking rider. It was in a magazine interview. He's basically saying Dorna is racist lol! coming from a white guy lol.

Lightcycle I wasn't disputing anything you were saying merely pointing out that Pedrosa whines and milks the favouritism he gets from Dorna because Marco hurt him, where as Hayden, though not getting hurt marches on after an idiotic move by Pedrosa in 06 and doesn't make the hugest fuss out of it. And I agree about Sic, he needs to swap a Friday for a Sunday soon lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom