2017 New Model Thread (INTERMOT etc.) | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2017 New Model Thread (INTERMOT etc.)

Amen to that, and once the ride is done, I'm guessing some awesome ramen or sushi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKWSHV3iZcQ

Too bad the Canadian Peso makes anything I want outrageously expensive. Can't say the tupperware buffet does much for me otherwise, engineering aside. Even the Italians are starting to swoosh and moosh.

canadian peso...lmao, I mean a good long hearty belly bouncing laugh. yes even makes the small bore jap bikes from india expensive

Yep, but the 1100 is a lot more street-focused. It doesn't make the top end power of the RSV4 but it puts down almost 20hp more through the low and midrange, then still delivers nearly 170whp on the high end. Wicked bike.

The 1100 on the street is likely more than plenty for me to handle. I bet it makes for a great track bike as well.

except some of us like riding more than dealing with leaky carbs, rusty gastanks 35 yr old wiring, brittle gaskets, rotted out exhaust pipes and brittle rubber and plastic components.

+1

You nailed it. I spent 4 years with a 1981 CB 750 and as much as I loved the "character" of the bike I was constantly attending to something which needed attention. While my current Bandit may not have the old school appeal of the CB 750 it is so much more reliable and I have no concerns taking it for a few days on little tours. I did not have that confidence in the old CB.

Bikes like the modern classics from Triumph, Yamaha 900, and the Honda CB 1100 give you most of the old school charm of the old bikes along with modern niceties like fuel injection, modern brakes, ABS etc.

I appreciate seeing old bikes still running, but for myself I want modern tech and reliability. Then again, I've never owned an FI bike.

Does the Vstrom switching to spoked rims (going by the side by side pics that MM posted) change anything in the way that bike is to be ridden?

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Does the Vstrom switching to spoked rims (going by the side by side pics that MM posted) change anything in the way that bike is to be ridden?

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

At speed you'll hit a square edged pot hole, first and only thought will be "damn, I need cartridge emulators" rather than "holy crap I hope my wheel's not busted!" You will never see a cast wheeled dirt bike, casts being the reserve of outer extremities in that sport.

Back
Top Bottom