Buying Selling on Kijiji woes | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying Selling on Kijiji woes

Just sold a car deck that had been sitting around for months for $20 less than my asking price. Buddy picked it up within 2 hours of posting the ad and I only had to walk about 20 ft. down the street Can't complain...

Sometimes life is funny like that...searched all gta on kijiji for an old pc for a project. Found a guy where the price was right, he was next street over.

sold a car last week a 03 Toyota corolla in v good condition with 250k. phone started ringing 2 min after I hit the publish button ,I stated I would not bargin on the phone. 2 people showed up with cash within 1hr. second guy gave me asking price, it was that easy. I couldn't believe it

sold a car last week a 03 Toyota corolla in v good condition with 250k. phone started ringing 2 min after I hit the publish button ,I stated I would not bargin on the phone. 2 people showed up with cash within 1hr. second guy gave me asking price, it was that easy. I couldn't believe it
Nice, how much did you sell it for?

this just in (link to ad for reference, I left it up because it was so much fun http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...old-sold-2009-zx6r-white-and-black/1065025177)

Hello! The following is a reply to your "SOLD SOLD SOLD 2009 ZX6R White and Black" Ad on Kijiji:

>From: Kijiji Reply
reply-to:
to:
10:24 AM
subject: Reply to your "SOLD SOLD SOLD 2009 ZX6R White and Black" Ad on Kijiji

Is it still available

>>from: me
to: "Kijiji Reply"
4:25 PM
subject: Re: Reply to your "SOLD SOLD SOLD 2009 ZX6R White and Black" Ad on Kijiji

Yes

>>>From: xxx
4:33 PM
to me
Tell me more about thebike

>>>>From: xxx
4:47 PM

to me
Has it been droped or is the engine messed up why are you selling it so cheap

>>>>>From: xxx
4:54 PM

to me
Is there anything leaking

>>>>>>From: me
5:01 PM

to xxx
You should read the ad

>>>>>>>From: xxx
5:02 PM

to me
I didnt understand it

>>>>>>>>From: xxx
5:15 PM

to me
Will u do any lower than 5000 im coming from kitchener and ill take it as is no safety nothing

>>>>>>>>>From: me
6:03 PM

to xxx
Good luck

>>>>>>>>>>From: xxx
6:04 PM

to me
I guess thats a no

>>>>>>>>>>>From: xxx
11:14 PM

to me
Could u delievrr the bik

>>>>>>>>>>>>From: me
12:28 PM

to xxx
Did I forget to mention I'm married?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>From: xxx
12:28 PM

to me
Huh

this just in (link to ad for reference, I left it up because it was so much fun http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...old-sold-2009-zx6r-white-and-black/1065025177)

Hello! The following is a reply to your "SOLD SOLD SOLD 2009 ZX6R White and Black" Ad on Kijiji:

LOL. Also, pretty good deal on the bike. Good thing I didn't buy that jacket earlier, or I would have both them both!

i-tell-ya-hwut.jpg

Replied to an ad 4 days ago, for some old school Tonka trucks for my daughter. I want her to have quality **** like I had, not this plastic garbage of today. Still no reply. Getting ready to bulldoze every house with seller's postal code.

Posted some hard saddlebags on Kijiji a few days ago. Get a reply an hour later. A couple exchanges and says he's a couple hours away etc. Said we'd see if we could meet up as I was planning on going that way next week.
Yesterday get a text that he's in town picking up a bike, can he come by. 2 hours later comes in garage, looks at bags, hands me asking price (what I paid for them used, I never used them), says thanks and goes on his merry way.
Why can't everything be so pleasant?
He also promised to send a pic when they were installed

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

I sell things on forums and kijiji all the time. WHen I get jerked around, I usually increase the price by 25%. that usually puts an end to the shenanigans.

Yup... peeps on Kijiji can be annoying...

They'll ask if item is still available. I reply... Yes. Never hear back from them again. At one point I added a statement saying if ad is still up, item is still available.

Also, most want the item delivered... 'You' want it, 'you' pick it up. The gall of some people!

I think it's a real closer to offer delivery on a bike just like getting it certified.
Worked well today.

Small stuff...yeah I agree but I buy regularly on Kiji and look favourably on someone that will deliver.

Replied to an ad 4 days ago, for some old school Tonka trucks for my daughter. I want her to have quality **** like I had, not this plastic garbage of today. Still no reply. Getting ready to bulldoze every house with seller's postal code.
Just FYI, if filling out an ad and you just put the city like "toronto" it fills in the postal code automatically (I guess the center of toronto). Use caution with the bulldozer ;)

I buy regularly on Kiji and look favourably on someone that will deliver.

When I was the seller, the buyers wanted me to deliver... When I was buyer, the seller wanted me to go to them... Both ways, I put out the time, effort, and fuel? Something wrong with that picture...

Nice, how much did you sell it for?

I'm curious to know as well, if priced right its crazy how quick they sell. I sold a 2000 V6 Accord that also had just over 250K, the transmission was starting to go again, the CV axle was making noises, there was a stone chip in the windshield and some dumbass landscapers backed into the corner of my rear bumper with a bobcat (They paid me for it but I left it as is). I advertised it with safety for $1500, first guy started calling in a couple hours and came the next day. Told me he'd buy it, I went to get the saftety and emissions done and mechanic said for the cost to make it pass just take a couple hundred bucks off and sell it as is. The guy was still happy to buy it for $1250.00

lol, I know exactly how you feel. I was over at my cousins and his 3 year old son was playing with this old school all metal Campbells truck. It caught my eye because it looked old as hell but still in great condition and wasn't that plasticky Fisher Price crap. I looked it over and saw it had a 1982 date stamp. I asked my aunt about it and she's just like "Oh yea, that's your cousin's from when he was kid, years back he told me not to throw it out and that some day his kids would play with it I never thought it would actually happen..." With the stuff we have nowadays I couldn't expect anything lasting that long.

Even the consoles of old were bulletproof. My buddy has a Nintendo, Super Nintendo and N64 and they all still work no problem, at most you have to blow in the games. If you look at the failure rate of today's systems you're lucky to get 5 years problem free.

$_35.JPG

I'm curious to know as well, if priced right its crazy how quick they sell. I sold a 2000 V6 Accord that also had just over 250K, the transmission was starting to go again, the CV axle was making noises, there was a stone chip in the windshield and some dumbass landscapers backed into the corner of my rear bumper with a bobcat (They paid me for it but I left it as is). I advertised it with safety for $1500, first guy started calling in a couple hours and came the next day. Told me he'd buy it, I went to get the saftety and emissions done and mechanic said for the cost to make it pass just take a couple hundred bucks off and sell it as is. The guy was still happy to buy it for $1250.00

lol, I know exactly how you feel. I was over at my cousins and his 3 year old son was playing with this old school all metal Campbells truck. It caught my eye because it looked old as hell but still in great condition and wasn't that plasticky Fisher Price crap. I looked it over and saw it had a 1982 date stamp. I asked my aunt about it and she's just like "Oh yea, that's your cousin's from when he was kid, years back he told me not to throw it out and that some day his kids would play with it I never thought it would actually happen..." With the stuff we have nowadays I couldn't expect anything lasting that long.

Even the consoles of old were bulletproof. My buddy has a Nintendo, Super Nintendo and N64 and they all still work no problem, at most you have to blow in the games. If you look at the failure rate of today's systems you're lucky to get 5 years problem free.

$_35.JPG
You coulda got more than that.

I sold my 98 V6 Accord with 170k on it for $6grand.

Sent from my Passport

I sold my 98 V6 Accord with 170k on it for $6grand.

6G's for a 17 year old, 170K car??? :shock: Geeze... you saw him coming!

Do all of you guys still do deals at your house if selling?

A few years back when I started buying/selling guns and ammo (legally of course, I have a PAL), I always met the buyer/seller at a public place that also sells guns and ammo... like Lebaron or Sail.

Since I got in that habit, I started doing that for everything I sell. If the buyer is coming to me, I meet near a bank. Banks have lots of security cameras if things go bad, and the buyer has a harder time claiming to not have the cash if there is a bank right there.

I think next time I sell a bike, I will just trailer it to a local plaza and meet potential buyers there... that way they don't know where the bike is parked at night so the risk is minimized.

Police stations in the US have started allowing people to do Craigslist sales in their parking lots... I like that idea: http://www.npr.org/2015/03/27/39558...open-up-safe-lots-for-craigslist-transactions

Last edited:
I was going to say, if it was a fair sized item such as a bike I'd do it at a police station parking lot or a lot very close to one. Small things I'd just meet somewhere public. None of it would ever be at my house.

When I was the seller, the buyers wanted me to deliver... When I was buyer, the seller wanted me to go to them... Both ways, I put out the time, effort, and fuel? Something wrong with that picture...
Hmmmm...that sounds remarkably similar to what you said your marriage was like!

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom