Buying Selling on Kijiji woes | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Buying Selling on Kijiji woes

Kijiji grief is my best friend when going to buy a bike.

"Here's 500$ and I'll be back XXX with my trailer and the rest of the cash. It's less than you're asking but then you're done with all the stupid emails asking for more pictures and all the people you wait all day for and then they don't show...etc etc"

That tactic has sealed more than one deal (bargain).

Kijiji grief is my best friend when going to buy a bike.

"Here's 500$ and I'll be back XXX with my trailer and the rest of the cash. It's less than you're asking but then you're done with all the stupid emails asking for more pictures and all the people you wait all day for and then they don't show...etc etc"

That tactic has sealed more than one deal (bargain).

Usually works with overpriced bikes to begin with. I find the stuff that priced fairly moves quick.
I've used that tactic before as well and have gotten good deals. Not crazy lowball BS, but I show up with truck and cash ready to make a deal, no BS.

Usually when I sell stuff on Kijiji I do my research and price things just below the average price. Still get the occasional lowballer but I also usually sell my crap quickly and within a few dollars of asking price.

I'm actually Hebrew and only cheap some of the time....so I guess that would make me....wait for it....Jew-ish?

Yeah, I'm Italian.
I'll see myself out.

Since we are on the subject of cheap:

[video=youtube_share;81y1cbdU6Po]http://youtu.be/81y1cbdU6Po[/video]

Take it and go!

Usually when I sell stuff on Kijiji I do my research and price things just below the average price. Still get the occasional lowballer but I also usually sell my crap quickly and within a few dollars of asking price.

^^ this method works well for me. I don't have time to waste, and when I want to sell stuff, its at a reasonable deal. 90+% of the time, the people realize it and buy it on the spot. The odd one tries to negotiate, and i just say no cause I know the next person will take it, and they usually understand and pay my asking price.

Said it before, and said it again, love, love, LOVE kijiji. sold tonnes of stuff I don't need anymore and great for finding commercial and residential tenants too!

^^ this method works well for me. I don't have time to waste, and when I want to sell stuff, its at a reasonable deal. 90+% of the time, the people realize it and buy it on the spot.

Sounds like a winning modality. Should have used that when moving your BMW800.

It does not matter how 'fair' you price your vehicle, people will always be people and they will offer you less than half what you were selling it for.

I just sold my bike and this is what I learned:

- Don't waste your time with unreasonable people - Quick reply to acknowledge you are not interested on their 30% of asking price and wish them luck and move on. I reply to everyone so I don't have to ever look for old kijiji emails, I only open the new ones.
- When someone asks for your number, 90% of the times they won't call.
- If someone says I am on my way, most times they do not show up, so if they are not there by the time you agreed on, then leave if you have to.
- DO not give up your address to people that asks for it, even the ones that say they are coming tomorrow. Give them your street name and ask them to call you when they are there, once they call you and you can confirm they are on your street, then give them the house number. I made the mistake of giving my address to someone "on their way" and when they didn't show up I spent a week paranoid about my bikes getting stolen.
- Sometimes it takes time to sell, just be patient until the right person shows up.
- If you know you are way too over priced, adjust your price.

^^^^^^^ good advice. Or tell them you will meet them at the closest gas station and ride the bike there. Have a friend with you too just in case lol.

I've just about stopped selling things on Kijiji due to the number of idiots who respond. Just traded my car in for a newer model, got a fair price, the tax credit and, most importantly, did not have to deal with the tire kickers, the no shows etc..........

Sounds like a winning modality. Should have used that when moving your BMW800.

see post 152...

along with that, even supposedly reputable people on GTAM who you would think know better, and know the value of a motorcycle product still had the nerve to offer me half of my asking price on my barely used Dainese suit that was selling for 500 less than brand new. Nice try... :lol:

Last edited:
[picks up payphone receiver]

"please deposit 50 cents for this call"

What's your lowest price?

All I can picture is back to the future. What the hell is a pay phone. I'd pay to see someone try that though :lmao:

Since we are on the subject of cheap:

[video=youtube_share;81y1cbdU6Po]http://youtu.be/81y1cbdU6Po[/video]

Take it and go!

That bit was hilarious and definitely the first thing that came to mind :lmao:

No bazinga?:(

Nope! That was definitely a Bazinga! I'm sorry Sunny but a reasonably priced bmw does not wait 2 riding seasons to sell. Just sayin...

Nope! That was definitely a Bazinga! I'm sorry Sunny but a reasonably priced bmw does not wait 2 riding seasons to sell. Just sayin...

who cares, I got to enjoy it for 2 more seasons, and I still sold it for asking price....

Ba- Ba- BAAAAAAZINGA!!!!

LOL. I love these "reasonably priced" guys. They're usually delusional about what their bike is worth. Don't like Kijiji? Or don't like the cold, hard reality of pricing hitting you in the face? A bike is not a necessity. People won't pay big for them and there are a thousand for sale every day. When I go to buy I look at several and the hardline jerks quickly fall out of the plan. What's it really worth? It is worth what people will pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom