MotoGP 2015 | Page 14 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2015

Happen to me during the warm up lap at the last Round of RACE, but I don't have sponsors or millions of dollars to worry about.
No man should ever have to feel what Zarco felt as that linkage broke off...

All the words uttered under the helmet were probably NSFW

[h=1]Ducati fuel allowance reduced after Qatar podiums[/h]
04-dovizioso__gp_9338_0.small.jpg
Following the Ducati Team’s results at the Commercial Bank Grand Prix of Qatar, its fuel allowance has been reduced from 24 to 22 litres.
MotoGP™ Race Direction has officially notified the Ducati Team regarding the regulations affecting its MotoGP Factory Option entries, which under Article 2.4.4.5.5 of the FIM Road racing World Championship Grand Prix Regulations means that the concession of a 24 litre fuel tank capacity will be removed effective immediately.

This is due to the fact that Ducati Factory option machines have now achieved three podiums in dry conditions since the start of the 2014 season: Dovizioso’s 3rd place in Austin 2014, his 2nd place in Qatar 2015 and his teammate Iannone’s 3rd place in the same race.

From the Red Bull Grand Prix of the Americas until the end of the 2015 season, the fuel tank capacity for all Ducati Factory option machines will be a maximum of 22 litres.
This applies to Ducati machines entered under the Factory Option, which include Ducati Team’s Dovizioso and Iannone, as well as Pramac Racing Team’s Danilo Petrucci and Yonny Hernandez.
The Avintia Racing Open entries of Hector Barbera and Mike Di Meglio are not affected.

Last edited:
When does Ducati loose their tire choice?
https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/20...otogp-podiums-2015-motogp-class-option-rules/

Factory Option with Concessions:

• Engines: 12 per season (factory class only gets 5)
  • Engine Development: Unlimited (factory class engines frozen)
  • Fuel: 24 liters, but changes to 22 if a team scores three podiums, two second places or a win since the beginning of the 2013 MotoGP season (factory class 20 liters)
  • Tires: Medium and Soft, but changes to Hard and Medium if a team scores three wins
  • ECU: Official Magneti Marelli
  • ECU Software: Free Development under June 30, 2015 – then becomes Official Magneti Marelli
  • Testing: Unlimited (factory class only gets 5 days other than official tests)

Last edited:
I know, it was general information.
I was looking at the last lap today, the Duc was sliding all over the place, with that engine power they are going to have a hard time for the last few laps in every race, they need to figure that one out.
Just FYI, in ALL of last year Ducati NEVER used more than 22 liters of fuel in a race ;)

And in other news: Lorenzo blames his lack of pace in final laps on loose padding in his helmet. Hmmmm

I thought he was making an excuse but looks to be legit. No way anyone can go 100% if their vision is hindered

And in other news: Lorenzo blames his lack of pace in final laps on loose padding in his helmet. Hmmmm

Last year it was mosquitos...but seriously, if his liner came lose it would be a huge distraction and at the sharp end of the race you need 100.00% concentration.

He also mentioned it was in the later laps that started to affect him. Maybe over time due to the high speeds, it finally detached?

I love seeing some of the comments from the haters of Lorenzo. They'll use anything he says against him and will say it's an excuse. There's proof of his liner coming off, and still they'll say it's BS. As if Lorenzo magically lost his ability to ride in the final laps.

Last edited:
I'm not a Lorenzo fan, but fair play to him. That's a valid excuse. At their kinds of speeds, I'm surprised he finished with it like that.

I don't like Lorenzo but i will give him this one, I know that myself even when using a style of helmet that is low on the top area of my vision, I am not able to race with it as I feel i can not see when in a tucked position which is most of the times and i don't tuck or lean anywhere close to Lorenzo.
He also mentioned it was in the later laps that started to affect him. Maybe over time due to the high speeds, it finally detached?

I love seeing some of the comments from the haters of Lorenzo. They'll use anything he says against him and will say it's an excuse. There's proof of his liner coming off, and still they'll say it's BS. As if Lorenzo magically lost his ability to ride in the final laps.

why is there so much hate on lorenzo? he's certainly proven himself to be one of the better riders in recent years.

Anything but a Honda up front is good with me! I'm not a Honda hater, I'm tried of seeing them at the front! All manufactures should be up at the front mixing it up, would make for some great racing! It was a great race, but I'm bias as a Rossi fan for so many years. Nice to see the Duc's at the front.

Not is riding, his attitude is why.
why is there so much hate on lorenzo? he's certainly proven himself to be one of the better riders in recent years.

Back
Top Bottom