Zero Electric Sportbike | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Zero Electric Sportbike

He said he's never ridden anything on the street that hits so hard at 80kmh and keeps on pulling

I get the same comments from people who drive either of our EV's for the first time, which is typically the first time they've ever driven an EV. The lack of need for a vehicle to react by downshifting before starting to accelerate, and then upshifting again is surprising to most people - it just pulls.

They're also surprised at how much they get flung back in their seats and held there during acceleration from zero. Again, gobs of torque, and no gears - just persistent acceleration.

If I didn't already have one, I don't think I'd jump in now. Too many brands looking to launch soon. I'm really keen to see what the next few years bring.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
I’m likely in the market next season for something. So I’m trying to be open minded of all options.

Honda has a CB EV in the works. Should be just about correct for my next bike if I'm still riding.

I know the ergos are okay.

by creating a motor that bolts straight into the place of the current 125cc and 300cc singles Honda could reuse the same package on a variety of models.

Honda has a CB EV in the works. Should be just about correct for my next bike if I'm still riding.

I know the ergos are okay.
Interesting. Coverting an existing vehicle saves development and production costs but is normally less than great as too many compromises were required on the EV side to fit.

15 hp and two batteries should mean good range.

Honda is doing it cheap to stay in the race. But they know the battery technology is not quite there yet. Think livewire.

Back
Top Bottom