Wiring resting on radiator ok? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Wiring resting on radiator ok?

arogal

Hi Guys,
As the titles states I have a couple wires that are sitting on top of my radiator. I am smelling something at idle very similar to chain wax. I only started smelling this after I waxed my chain, but I am very careful and put cardboard behind it when I wax so it doesn't over spray on anything. If there ever is over spray, the smell usually disappears after 20km or so, but I have put 200km on the bike and am still smelling it (only at idle). Maybe I'm over thinking now, but would these wires that are gently resting ontop of the radiator be warming up and making the smell? I will take the inner plastic piece of my top right fairing tonight and zip tie some of the wires and see if they can be re positioned. The wires are all wrapped in heat wrap, but I'm not sure if the wrap can withstand that sort of heat.
I'm not too concerned, just a bit curious is all....it might just be wax on the mid pipe, but I thought I'd ask anyways if the wires are ok in their current location or not.
PS - the wires are not running behind the rad, they keep going towards gas tank.
Thanks
wires.jpg

so where should the wires sit? I've never seen a manufaturer leave wires sitting on a rad. Put them where they shouyld be

Not 100% sure. After I got my Stator/Rectifier installed and my valve clearance check done I noticed this. Was done at a reputable dealer/shop so I assume the wires were put back correctly. I'll swing by there next weekend and get them to take a quick look as I wasn't the one that performed the service.

The rad wont ever get much over 110 C unless you run it dry , so it is proably ok, but not ideal ..

I manages to zip tie a couple wires together and tuck them out of the way closer to the fairing. Nothing resting on rad anymore. Time will tell if they will stay put....I should have turned my clip ons fully left and right first to make sure the clearance was ok lol!

I would be much more worried about them rubbing through than being heat damaged by a rad. Tying them up was the right approach.

Back
Top Bottom