where to start | GTAMotorcycle.com

where to start

Kuro

Site Supporter
hey all

I have been thinking about stunting for a bit ....
just wondering where I would go about starting.

I read the thread on what equipment is needed...
I also read that alot of people start stunting on Honda 50's.

A coworker of mine has offered me an old bike for supposedly pretty cheap ... Its a 1990 CBR600F. Maybe too old? He hasnt gotten back to me on the exact price... I've never wheelied or anything, and I dont think I should learn on the street ... been riding street for 2 years and this is my 3rd... so a secluded parking lot is best?

I'm not planning on being hardcore, but I guess I'll see how much talent I have for it?

2 cents welcome.

a group of friends and a long industrial warehouse area on a weekend/evening when there is no one around. Odds are if you progress slowly you wont crash your street bike, but if you can find something cheap to use by all means. No idea how good that will actually work as a stunt bike but if all you want to learn is wheelies/stoppies personally i'd just use your street bike.

Learn to do clutch up wheelies, power up wheelies can surprise you and flip you on your ***. Clutch up wheelies come up fast but slow down once they've popped up. Always cover the rear brake and once you are able to carry a wheelie more then a few feet practice intentionally bringing them down with a little bit of rear brake (the more rear brake the faster it comes down) that way it's just a habit when you do almost go over backwards one day.

Have fun and i strongly reccomend full leathers/race boots/gauntlets in the event that you do go down.

I suggest the same -- a cage is highly recommended... a spare bike for the purpose is a good idea if you can afford one.... and full gear...why? becuase your gonna go down lots .... before you get any tricks mastered...

I have been thinking about getting into stunting as well. Other than a bike and safety gear, do I need anything else? Does the bike have to be insured/registered/plated? Can I buy a motorcycle with an unfit title and use that as a stunt bike? What will happen if I stunt in a secluded spot and the popo shows up and gives me a hard time? Can he do anything about the unisured and non-registered bike if it is behind a warehouse and I do have the owners consent? What if I dont have the owners consent?

I know that is alot of questions, but you guys know your stuff. Thanks for the help :D

I have been thinking about getting into stunting as well. Other than a bike and safety gear, do I need anything else? Does the bike have to be insured/registered/plated? Can I buy a motorcycle with an unfit title and use that as a stunt bike? What will happen if I stunt in a secluded spot and the popo shows up and gives me a hard time? Can he do anything about the unisured and non-registered bike if it is behind a warehouse and I do have the owners consent? What if I dont have the owners consent?

I know that is alot of questions, but you guys know your stuff. Thanks for the help :D

Private property has nothing to do with the cops unless youre trespassing. As everyones saying, get a stunt cage, it will save your bike countless times so its always worth it. Another money saver is removing your front fairings and using a streetfighter type lamp or no lamp at all. Get rid of your mirrors too. Make sure the bike is safe. Good boots are invaluable, they'll save you lots of road rash and sprained / crushed ankles. I started off stunting doing first gear high chairs and lazy boys, wheelies and stoppies (surprisingly easy to learn, also called endos) Practice riding in first and second gear on the side of the bike, on the gas tank, wherever you can to develop balance. Do a little drifting with the rear brake to get a feel at really slow speeds, then move up to using the front brake to get your rear wheel spinning faster than the front and you can do burnouts in a straight line, then move up to doing it in different directions and figure eights. Then the sky's the limit to what you can do in different riding positions.

Back
Top Bottom