Where do I find parts in Ontario? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where do I find parts in Ontario?

acolic

Hi

I am rebuilding a 1990 Suzuki RM125 with my son.

I have no experience with motorcycles but we are muddling our way through.

I am having trouble finding parts. Beyond one Suzuki dealer in Toronto I can’t find anyone else selling parts.

I need the rads for the bike. I found parts on eBay but they don’t ship to Canada.

Anyone know of third party sellers in Ontario?

thanks

Alex

There are online options. Try Babbits or PartsOutlaw. Bike Bandit used to be good, but have been having problems lately.

Hi

I have tried Babbit and PartOutlaw. Their shipping is about $30 USD and by that point that’s equal to the dealer.

what is EMS?

thanks.

Buying parts in Canada is frustrating to be honest. OEM I go to the dealer and aftermarket Rocky Mountain ATV/MC in the states.

You’ve checked Kijiji right? I sold some 03 RM125 parts a couple weeks ago and noticed a few guys parting out 80’s and 90’s RM’s. Here is one link but there are others Parts Parts Parts Suzuki Rm 125/250 | Motorcycle Parts & Accessories | St. Catharines | Kijiji

There is also a few Ontario MX Facebook pages that would be worth putting a wanted ad on.

Hi

I am rebuilding a 1990 Suzuki RM125 with my son.

I have no experience with motorcycles but we are muddling our way through.

I am having trouble finding parts. Beyond one Suzuki dealer in Toronto I can’t find anyone else selling parts.

I need the rads for the bike. I found parts on eBay but they don’t ship to Canada.

Anyone know of third party sellers in Ontario?

thanks

Alex
That's going to be a tough one, how bad is it? The major parts like piston and crank seals and barrel? and how trashed is the chassis?

It’s in pretty good condition.

We have stripped it, scraped all the rust off the pieces, put it back together, and replaced all seals.

It originally did not start but we stripped the carb and left it in the parts washer for a bit.

After we reassembled it, it started fine.

Main parts missing are the two front radiators and corresponding hoses.

Then the plastic needs to be replaced

I see on eBay GPI Racing is selling replacement radiators at $85USD a pair but won’t ship to Canada.

I regularly check Kijiji.

I did check the link you provided but he does not have the rads.

Buying parts in Canada is frustrating to be honest. OEM I go to the dealer and aftermarket Rocky Mountain ATV/MC in the states.

You’ve checked Kijiji right? I sold some 03 RM125 parts a couple weeks ago and noticed a few guys parting out 80’s and 90’s RM’s. Here is one link but there are others Parts Parts Parts Suzuki Rm 125/250 | Motorcycle Parts & Accessories | St. Catharines | Kijiji

There is also a few Ontario MX Facebook pages that would be worth putting a wanted ad on.

Hi

I have tried Babbit and PartOutlaw. Their shipping is about $30 USD and by that point that’s equal to the dealer.

what is EMS?

thanks.
EMS is air mail for parcels. GPI is based in China, they ship pretty quickly (I bought TS200r rads from them 2 years ago -- got them in 2 weeks).

Hope you have somewhere to ride it, they go crazy crazy fast (y)

Woody's cycle up near Ottawa was a source for dirt bike salvage for many years. I'm not certain if they still are.

Peterborough Cycle is also worth a try.

Aside that, I'd email the ebay guys. Sometimes they will ship to Canada using eBay's shipping utility once they discover it's YOU the purchaser who's taking the beating and not them.

You may already know this, but you should familiarize yourself with the history of that particular year, as in which years have stuff that is interchangeable. Back them it might only be 2 model years before a complete redesign, but it's still good to find out.

You could probably find more info here:

and here:

Good luck with it. I have a HUUUGE soft spot for vintage 2 stroke MX & off road bike.

As to it being fast as trials says....it's more that all the power is delivered in a narrow band at the top of the rev's. though 125's were the "business" when we were young, they were not ideal choices to learn to ride off road.

I'm absolutely certain that someone at the 2 links above will have ample (worthwhile) advice for you to make the project a resounding success for you and your son.

Enjoy,

Still there, would be a good place for him to ride too, he can try to follow woody :cool:

Back
Top Bottom