Whats up with Pederosa? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Whats up with Pederosa?

More surgery. Honda wants to use all of their five bikes.

tumblr_ld4isijihV1qznx8ho1_400.jpg

get it? :)

Actually, I think it's a rule forcing them to put a rider on the second bike. They get I believe 2 races where the second bike can be idle, 3rd race the bike must be on the road. If Honda really wanted a guy on Pedrosa's bike they would have one there already in Catalunya ....

Actually, I think it's a rule forcing them to put a rider on the second bike. They get I believe 2 races where the second bike can be idle, 3rd race the bike must be on the road. If Honda really wanted a guy on Pedrosa's bike they would have one there already in Catalunya ....

Didn't know that rule existed.

Who was on Vale's Yamaha last year when he was out?

Or Danny's at the end of the season?

I honestly don't remember anyone taking those spots but I could be wrong.

I wonder why they put Aoyama instead of Simoncelli? anyone?
And yes, the rule does exist. Same reason Suzuki had Hopper waiting in the wings.

Simoncelli is already on a factory bike albeit with a Gresini fairing. Moving him to one with a Repsol fairing is pointless.

Not sure I follow. Isn't Aoyama from the Factory Honda/ Gresini Team also? Isn't it just as pointless then?

Think about it ... the rule is there because the teams have contracts with Dorna to put a number of riders on the grid. When one of their aces goes down, it would be wiser and cheaper to not race the second bike for the team. They don't have much to gain to be honest. But that is not what Dorna wants to hear. With a weak grid already, imagine everytime someone is injured a bike would be idling for weeks and weeks ..... hence the rule I think. Remember that last year Suzuki was thinking of pulling out, but Dorna threatened them legally that they are obligated to put bikes on the grid. Some of these things are not as common sense as we might think ....

I wonder why they put Aoyama instead of Simoncelli? anyone?
And yes, the rule does exist. Same reason Suzuki had Hopper waiting in the wings.

I am sure he would have the seat ... if he was not part of the injury incident in the first place. I think it would be like pissing on Dani's head and saying sorry ...

Not sure I follow. Isn't Aoyama from the Factory Honda/ Gresini Team also? Isn't it just as pointless then?

Gresini Honda isn't factory, Repsol Honda is. Gresini is a customer of Honda's, they purchase bikes that are lower-spec than the Repsol Hondas.

However, for 2011, Simoncelli has been granted a factory-spec Honda, even though he races for a satellite team. I think the thinking is that he was good enough for the factory team, but having 4 riders in the Repsol garage was excessive. So it doesn't make sense to move him to Pedrosa's garage, because the bike is the same plus he will lose his pit crew who he's been working with for the last season and a half.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/s...-off-contract-talks-with-honda/_/R-EPI-130863

Looks like Mr. Glass is back. & was 7th fastest in FP although he didn't go out for round two.

Good thing for the Soap Opera of MotoGP'

Dani Pedrosa - "Simoncelli's head has nothing but hair."

Simoncelli - "For me, the things he and his manager say are stupid. It is better not to speak with him or his manager."

All said while sitting right next to each other. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom