What's the chance of getting rear ended in Parry Sound by driver from Toronto | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's the chance of getting rear ended in Parry Sound by driver from Toronto

canuck678

Went up for the Sportbike Rally yesterday with my wife. After stopping off at the Foley Fairgrounds for my rally pin and t-shirt we decided to ride over to the salt docks where they use to run the supermoto races so we could cool off by dipping our feet in the bay. On the way over we get stopped at a red light in front of the Arizona Grill restaurant. Seconds after coming to a stop we're jolted from behind. After I think, "what the F&^* was that??" my wife jumps off the back and I hear her ask the driver of the car wedged into the rear of my V-Strom, "weren't you paying attention" over the intercom. Then my bike starts backing up beneath me. Strange sensation as he backs up and pulls my bike before his grill releases it.

Luckily, neither of us were hurt and not much damage to my bike. Lots of witnesses having their lunch on the restaurants outdoor patio. One guy mentioned he was surprised how much air my wife got on impact before landing back on the seat.

We drive up there for the day from Whitby and get rear ended by a cager from Toronto. What are the chances of that??

We drive up there for the day from Whitby and get rear ended by a cager from Toronto. What are the chances of that??

Would seem like 100%

Good to hear you and your wife are OK.

Best of luck dealing with insurance!

Did you at least have fun at the rally?

LoL. Yeah, 100% is just about right I suppose. We actually did have a good time up there other than that. Oh, and other than enduring the torture rack Suzuki calls a seat. I gotta get a Corbin or Russell seat for the longer rides so the blood in my posterier doesn't congeal quite so fast!

There was no supermoto or stunt shows to watch this year but it was great to get up there for a ride and see some bikes I don't usually get to witness in the flesh.

When get the V-Strom seat figured out, let me know. I sat on a corbin and didn't like it, I put bar backs on and found a 650 seat, seems some better, not not day long yet

I am happy that you got to ride away from that.

The driver was probably to distracted on a cell phone. Im glad you and your wife are ok. They need to put the cell phones down and concentrate on being ****** driver's.

RE: "When get the V-Strom seat figured out, let me know."
Sure thing, might be awhile though. Thinking about ordering the Russell seat.

Re: "And I bet you he was from Brampton or Markham in Toronto."
Lives in Toronto, works in Markham.

Re: "The driver was probably to distracted on a cell phone."
Actually, a bug had just landed on him and he looked down at it.

Re: "Wuts the damage to the bike? Did driver pay up?"

Very little visible damage. Going to replace the rear fender/mudguard since it was pushed forward over my rear tire. Very small dent in muffler cap, not going to worry about that. Taking it into work tomorrow to have the mechanic check wheel and swingarm pivot bearings. I have all his info so I can get my money for everything once I know the total.

Back
Top Bottom