West Coast Road, Vancouver Island | GTAMotorcycle.com

West Coast Road, Vancouver Island

havefun

So, I find myself on the south end of Vancouver Island. My father has fallen ill, with terminal lung cancer, and I am out here to help take care of him.

I've got to say that the West Coast Road (Juan de Fuca Hwy) is probably the nicest piece of riding road that I have l laid eyes on. You can't really tell from the map, but almost the entire distance is curves.

I took a drive from Sooke to Port Renfrew in the rental car a couple of days ago (needed some downtime). I'm seriously considering buying a bike for the next few months that I am out here, just to enjoy riding on this road. Fair warning, make sure you have a full tank, before you leave Sooke, it's about 80km to the next service station, somewhere past Port Renfrew. So, about 160km road trip, if you don't fill up.

If you ever get a chance, I'd check it out.

https://goo.gl/maps/3B6HnCp69162

As an update to this thread.

My father passed away yesterday morning. In an effort to distract myself, I rented a bike in Victoria, BC, CB500FA, and had as much fun as prudence allowed.
The cost of the bike rental was probably cheaper than therapy, and more productive.

Miss you Dad!

Sorry for your loss. I'm sure your Dad would've been proud that he was able to pass on to you, the values that help you celebrate his life and continue on.

Back
Top Bottom