warm n safe heated gear review | GTAMotorcycle.com

warm n safe heated gear review

bigpoppa

I recently purchased a pair of heated gloves and socks for riding in the colder temps, I thought the sock liners were quite good, but was fairly underwhelmed by the gloves.

At the time of purchase they only had 2 sizes for the gloves(small and XXXL).

My initial disappointment with the gloves was affected by 2 things:
1. The gloves were too big, and therefore the heating elements were rarely making contact with the skin to keep my hands effectively warm.
2. Although the gloves are quite big, the heating elements are only present on the tops of the fingers.

I reached out to them in the hopes of remedying the situation, and they offered me a significant discount on the newer model gloves that they did have in my size.

I just came back from a test ride, and am quite happy with them, I had them on max settings and they were almost burning my hands, I think for 95% of cold riding I will just keep it on the second highest setting which should more than suffice.

Being the correct size they definitely work better. They are also very thick so they do a good job of insulating your hands from the cold air. (albeit at the expense of some feel at the handlebars)

Their customer service has definitely been the bright spot in the experience, they responded to me promptly and were very helpful.

The owner is a rider, that's the difference with WnS and the competition.

I recently purchased a pair of heated gloves and socks for riding in the colder temps, I thought the sock liners were quite good, but was fairly underwhelmed by the gloves.

At the time of purchase they only had 2 sizes for the gloves(small and XXXL).

My initial disappointment with the gloves was affected by 2 things:
1. The gloves were too big, and therefore the heating elements were rarely making contact with the skin to keep my hands effectively warm.
2. Although the gloves are quite big, the heating elements are only present on the tops of the fingers.

I reached out to them in the hopes of remedying the situation, and they offered me a significant discount on the newer model gloves that they did have in my size.

I just came back from a test ride, and am quite happy with them, I had them on max settings and they were almost burning my hands, I think for 95% of cold riding I will just keep it on the second highest setting which should more than suffice.

Being the correct size they definitely work better. They are also very thick so they do a good job of insulating your hands from the cold air. (albeit at the expense of some feel at the handlebars)

Their customer service has definitely been the bright spot in the experience, they responded to me promptly and were very helpful.

Which model gloves did you end up with? I have a their "Classic" gloves and found the same thing with the thickness affecting feel (but that's compared to unlined leather sport gloves). I'm tempted to try their "Touring" gloves for a little more protection and larger cuff to go over my sleeves easier, but I definitely don't need more warmth.

Which model gloves did you end up with? I have a their "Classic" gloves and found the same thing with the thickness affecting feel (but that's compared to unlined leather sport gloves). I'm tempted to try their "Touring" gloves for a little more protection and larger cuff to go over my sleeves easier, but I definitely don't need more warmth.
yes I have the ultimate touring with I touch (have yet to test out the touch with phone)

I like that I can just pull the sleeves over the cuff of the jacket leaving no exposure to the wind.

The feel is definitely not the same as proper summer riding gloves

You have to have the right size with heated gear.

I see a few gloves are on sale for $100, great deal, but limited sizes. I have the Classic, which works well, but a longer cuff would be nice.

I assume you have the 3 level Controller. It works, but a completely variable Troller would be better for fine tuning the gloves. I seldom have mine higher than about 60%, but I do tweak it while riding to account for my speed, outside temps and wind.

W 'n S's customer service is great. They truly appreciate their customers and will go the extra mile to ensure you are satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom