Walkers Line and Brittania: Slick as snot | GTAMotorcycle.com

Walkers Line and Brittania: Slick as snot

Cranky Pete

Low-sided today--my first crash in more than 10 years. Coming West on Britannia, I stopped at Walkers Line, then turned left to go up the big hill. I rode about 75 feet, then BAM! I was on the ground, and my Strom was in the gully. A couple of nice guys stopped to help me right the bike. As we walked the bike down the hill, we found ourselves slipping in spots. There was definitely something on that road. Damage: the left-side cowling is scratched to hell, the toe piece on the gearshift lever snapped off, and the front left signal shattered. Me: sore shoulder and bruised forearm. Lee Parks gloves definitely saved my fingers--I could feel the heat from the friction afterwards.

Ride safe!

Sorry to hear about your luck. At least you have some time now to get it fixed up, and wont miss much riding time.

At least you have all your limbs in tact.

Glad to hear it's just minor damage to you and your bike. Sounds like a winter project

Thanks, guys. As crashes go, this was pretty minor league. The scary part is the mystery of it all. There was no car, or wet leaves, or patch of ice...just some invisible fluid. How do you prepare for that?

Thanks, guys. As crashes go, this was pretty minor league. The scary part is the mystery of it all. There was no car, or wet leaves, or patch of ice...just some invisible fluid. How do you prepare for that?

Brand new oil, antifreeze, etc... many fluids are impossible to see, i've slipped many times myself.

Back
Top Bottom