Trackday insurance | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Trackday insurance

It's definitely possible to hurt yourself on the 125s. I broke a collarbone and shoulder blade during an endurance race. Apparently you have to really eff up to break your shoulder blade. The nurses were all very impressed.

I went through my workplace general health insurance for that. Although after this discussion, it looks like maybe you could be covered under the statutory accident benefits of your regular car insurance. The legal logic is convoluted and there's not a clear-cut answer.

In any case, Racer5's insurance is to cover them in case of liability. From what I understand, it could be used by the government to recover OHIP costs, or to pay out if someone sued Racer5. It would not be your first avenue of compensation.
Broken shoulder blade.... that does not sound like a good time. We can call you Enea.

I guess I have to read the fine print on my work insurance.

I can't find anything that offers track day personal disability insurance.

Reactions: Ash
Collarbone and a few ribs as I recall.

As long as you feel you can reel it in when you`re tired and maybe skip sessions to rest then I don't think you'll need it at Racer5.

That said, things do happen.
Broken ribs hurt like hell and for a while.
Clavicle fractures are very complicated and can heal incorrectly. Good idea to wear an airvest on the track. Reduce the risk.

Broken ribs hurt like hell and for a while.
Clavicle fractures are very complicated and can heal incorrectly. Good idea to wear an airvest on the track. Reduce the risk.
are you getting 1% commission :ROFLMAO: ???

wait, you have stock don't you ;)

are you getting 1% commission :ROFLMAO: ???

wait, you have stock don't you ;)
Funny, but not funny!
I am just speaking from experience and trying to spread the good word!
Remember why we all love riding motorcycles, because we love riding motorcycles! And you can't when you are all banged up or dealing with lingering injuries. If you could simply put on an airvest and potentially avoid broken ribs, clavicles, punctured lungs etc would you?
I wish I had invented the various air bag technology, I am certain it has helped out many people and definitely racers walk away from accidents.

Back
Top Bottom