Track riding tips for new riders... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Track riding tips for new riders...

I'm with Fastar1 actually. This may be etiquette for an actual race, where everyone is proffessional, but for a track day staying predictable keeps everyone safe. Its always the job of the person behind to make the pass. Haveing a predictable racer in front of you on the racing line, allows you to pass him safely and at your own time. This is definately my prefered method and the one taught at the fast course.

Mind you thats my personal preference. If the racers meeting says otherwise, thats the bible.

Um, I think you may have misunderstood Donny's comment- he is stating that you must- at all costs- stay on your race line. Slow is fine, as long as you are predictable- the race line is predictable. I've had a kid training in hotshoe since he was **yr's old- why: because if you are a predictable rider (which he has always been) meaning you can hold your race line, there is no safer place to be on the track than out with the most experienced riders/ racers. They will ALWAYS get around you if you hold your line.

Last edited:
Um, I think you may have misunderstood Donny's comment- he is stating that you must- at all costs- stay on your race line. Slow is fine, as long as you are predictable- the race line is predictable. I've had a kid training in hotshoe since he was **yr's old- why: because if you are a predictable rider (which he has always been) meaning you can hold your race line, there is no safer place to be on the track than out with the most experienced riders/ racers. They will ALWAYS get around you if you hold your line.

Ahhh I totally misunderstood that one :) I thought he was advocating getting off the line. Thanks Tonto

Back
Top Bottom