track lessons need info please | GTAMotorcycle.com

track lessons need info please

bengali548

1) what are the requirements?
2) If im taking the course do they provide bikes or do i need to bring my own? if so what bike is used?
3) what are the requirements to my bike if i wanted to go to the track outside of the course
4) how much does the course cost and what do i gain from it (other than race skill do i get a race license or lowered insurance?)
5) if i had full leathers what are the risks of dying? (stupid question but are most tracks built to cause the rider minimal damage?)

Last edited:
thanks but question 3 and 5 arent answered

oh and this may be a stupid question but if you dont have your m1/m2 can you still apply?. my buddy is considering a bike but has yet to get his m1 but hes hellbent on starting with a 600 so he thought that this would be a good idea

question 3: you need to tape all glass (mirrors, headlights, ...) and remove coolant (i.e. change with water). you should also have enough thread left on your tires.
question 5: risks of dying... I would say you have more risks of dying on the street, but that's just my opinion

your friend needs at least an M1. I doubt any track school will allow students without a license, but ask them yourself.

my brother took the soar track school without any motorcycle licence so it can be done.

5) if i had full leathers what are the risks of dying? (stupid question but are most tracks built to cause the rider minimal damage?)
depends, If you hit a wall at 200km/h head first the leathers won't help you much, of course track builders try to build the track in ways where you have runways on corner entry spots for example. Many people fall and crash with minimal injury, others are not that lucky. It is a risky sport and leathers will help you protect your body for road rash, a back protector will help minimize the impact to your spine but you will always be at risk of dying.

i just looked at some racing suits at revzilla. theyre a bit pricey so i wanted to know if it needs to be a race suit or if i can just have a leather jacket and leather pants?

also whats the difference in protection between having the suit and having a jacket and leatehr pants?

i've seen people wear two piece leathers during trackdays, but it is less common. If you're looking to try doing a trackday or two, i don't necessarily think it would be beneficial investing in a one-piece if you already have leather pants and jacket. However, that being said...two piece = more zippers = more points/areas of failure during a crash

doubt you even need an m1 to get on the race track... after all, they allow children in hot shoe. Then again, the race track isn't a place where you wanna learn basic motorcycle maneuvers either

Last edited:
i've seen people wear two piece leathers during trackdays, but it is less common. If you're looking to try doing a trackday or two, i don't necessarily think it would be beneficial in investing in a one-piece if you already have leather pants and jacket. However, that being said...two piece = more zippers = more points/areas of failure during a crash

all i have is a leather jacket and gloves no pants or shoes yet but if i did get leather pants and some race boots would that be good or would i have to buy the suit?

all i have is a leather jacket and gloves no pants or shoes yet but if i did get leather pants and some race boots would that be good or would i have to buy the suit?

sounds like you're one of the poor folks out there (like me)

buy a pair of used leather pants that is compatible with your leather jacket (360 zipper) if you are looking to try things out on the cheap
buy a good quality used or new suit if you think you'll be doing track days long term.

Taken from pro6's website

1. All Riders must wear appropriate riding gear. Full one piece or two-piece (zip completely around) motorcycle leather suits only. NO Nylon or Kevlar only construction suits will be allowed.
  2. All riders must wear full-face helmets that are designed for motorcycle use. Snell 2005 or newer helmet, in good condition and proper fit for the rider, is mandatory.

Back
Top Bottom