Touring partner(s)? Adirondack/Vermont eastern townships June 28-July2nd | GTAMotorcycle.com

Touring partner(s)? Adirondack/Vermont eastern townships June 28-July2nd

fgs500

Hey everyone, Toronto "sport" rider here, looking to check out the twisties in the Adirondack, Vermont, Eastern township area's. I plan to leave Toronto June 28th at around 2pm heading east 401 & crossing at Gananoque. From there just following the best twisty routes into Vermont & north to eastern townships & up to Ottawa. I have all camping gear & can provide second tent & bag if you need it, but would likely just split the motel. I do about 400-600kms a day, I like to stop at the nice vistas & enjoy a beer! Let me know whos up for riding / touring as group of 2 or 3 for 2-4 days around then in that area. Thanks!

Could be up for this trip. I am looking at a trip heading to the east coast starting July 1 so if that pans out I would be unavailable. I can let you know shortly how things are coming along... Otherwise it sounds great!

Hey everyone, Toronto "sport" rider here, looking to check out the twisties in the Adirondack, Vermont, Eastern township area's. I plan to leave Toronto June 28th at around 2pm heading east 401 & crossing at Gananoque. From there just following the best twisty routes into Vermont & north to eastern townships & up to Ottawa. I have all camping gear & can provide second tent & bag if you need it, but would likely just split the motel. I do about 400-600kms a day, I like to stop at the nice vistas & enjoy a beer! Let me know whos up for riding / touring as group of 2 or 3 for 2-4 days around then in that area. Thanks!

Jay, sounds good, let me know closer to the tuesday departure. Are you up for showing me the "near" hamilton twisties Saturday morning? early..

I'm planning a similar trip myself but early June. Got a GPS or Google map of the routes your planing? It would help me a lot... Thanks

Last edited:
Nice work! Thanks for sharing the routes, would be nice to find out how to get these into TomTom. When are you thinking of going?

i'm going early june with a couple of buddies (weather permitting)

I am usually interested in 3-4 days rides with a decent ride partner(s), but not on long weekends ... I prefer motels, not so much for camping when touring.

I'm open to avoiding the long weekend & I prefer motels to, much easier & less gear. Which 3-4 days suit you?

I like to camp to, let me know what majority prefers & we'll go with that? Either way theres always both around in the same vicinity so we can just do what we want as we go. I did a solid trip this spring camping on the last night in the cold was rough but fun! Thanks for all the replies, sounds like theres some interest, maybe we should do a "test" run this weekend? meet & greet? I'm into very early morning rides, whos into that?

I'm up for a ride Saturday but not sure how early since I have an event to attend Friday, which I guess is tonight since its now 2am... not much of a leader locally since I try to get away as much as possible. I an sure we can put together something :) ill pm my number. any thoughts of a meeting place? anyone else up for a Saturday morning ride?

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk

Prettty good route, with one exception. Day Two takes you into Maine and blows by right near Mount Washington in New Hampshire. Better to make a small change and travel north on Route 16 (north of North Conway, NH.) and climb the highest peak in the eastern states. Then later travel north to meet up with Gorham, NH as per Day Three.

Word of warning, dress warm, its really cool on top of Mt. Washington. Views are amazing and is part of the Appalachian Trail which hikers travel right down to Georgia.

Prettty good route, with one exception. Day Two takes you into Maine and blows by right near Mount Washington in New Hampshire. Better to make a small change and travel north on Route 16 (north of North Conway, NH.) and climb the highest peak in the eastern states. Then later travel north to meet up with Gorham, NH as per Day Three.

Word of warning, dress warm, its really cool on top of Mt. Washington. Views are amazing and is part of the Appalachian Trail which hikers travel right down to Georgia.

Great thanks for the suggestion...

So are you saying on Day 2 instead of going straight on 302 I should turn North at GLEN onto 16 and ride North to Gorham? Like This?

Any other suggestions?

edit: Nevermind... I found it... and added it to route

Last edited:
You should add Whiteface to the Lake Placid part - careful of the whoops......in the pavement :eek:

Picture241.jpg

Worth the little extra time.

We were right at cloudbase.

Picture239.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom