Toronto dealer matches Pete's/Fortnine on tires | GTAMotorcycle.com

Toronto dealer matches Pete's/Fortnine on tires

HarleyHare

A big shout out to Daytona Motor Sports on Steeles near 400. Just picked up a pair of tires at Pete's prices. With the pickup option there is no shipping charge. The HST is about the price of shipping, so the total cost is actually less than Pete's/Fortnine (unless you go to Montreal for pickup). 905-605-7666

I also picked up tires from them at the beginning of the season, was very happy with the price.

I've ordered from Pete's several times. However, this year I bought from Royal during their tent sale and with no tax and no shipping costs it worked out to be quite a bit less money.

I pass by Daytona every day and feel for that sacrificial old Harley (and the scooter) sitting out there on the boulevard 365 days a year.

But how old werethe tires from Royal?
Bridgestone T31's, which are recent model. I know both were late 2018: front is 2818, can't see code on rear at the moment. In addition I also got a $60 rebate on a Visa prepaid card from Bridgestone after the purchase, so an even better deal!

I pass by Daytona every day and feel for that sacrificial old Harley (and the scooter) sitting out there on the boulevard 365 days a year.

Those old wrecked bikes are a great prop, as I never would have noticed the store, if it weren't for those wrecks.

Daytona Motor Sport shuts down for the winter months since they don't sell snowmobiles, and no one is riding (that is sane). I think he takes the bikes inside or you can be sure they will disappear like snowmen by Spring. Pretty sure there were no bikes outside this past winter when I passed.

I'm telling ya, that Harley was there all winter this past one but it was the first.

A big shout out to Daytona Motor Sports on Steeles near 400. Just picked up a pair of tires at Pete's prices. With the pickup option there is no shipping charge. The HST is about the price of shipping, so the total cost is actually less than Pete's/Fortnine (unless you go to Montreal for pickup). 905-605-7666
HUH??? FortNine ships for free any order over $49 -> Shipping Policy | FortNine Canada no need to go anywhere to pick up.

After you buy where do you guys install them?
I've used West End Cycle in Caledon, Red's in Orangeville and Larry's (Honda Dealer) in Orangeville.
Last set this spring at Red's was $25 per wheel carried in.

After you buy where do you guys install them?
It is cheaper to buy them seperate from Daytona then go somewhere else to install?

Daytona installs, but I go to Rosey Toes (Ted) against my better judgement. Time before Ted let off so much internal gas you could play music to it, this time he rolled my old tires toward me, hitting me in the back of my legs and I almost fell. What's with this guy? And more importantly, why do I go back? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result.

Daytona installs, but I go to Rosey Toes (Ted) against my better judgement. Time before Ted let off so much internal gas you could play music to it, this time he rolled my old tires toward me, hitting me in the back of my legs and I almost fell. What's with this guy? And more importantly, why do I go back? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result.
Why buy in one place and install in another? Especially if the second place is of questionable quality to you?

I have had good luck with Pro6Cycle on Kipling just north of the Queesway. I have been told there have even been times they have sold to Pete's, but don't know the details on that. I will say I have been happy with their prices and their installs are flawless, no marking of the rims like some other places I have been to in the past. Personally, I like to support local brick and mortar places whenever possible unless their prices are stupidly high.

Back
Top Bottom