Tire question for people running CSBK Lightweight | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tire question for people running CSBK Lightweight

Are Dunlop Q3+ tires suitable for Lightweight Racing?

• Yes, they make a great race tire

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Good for track days but not really suitable for racing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buy Pirelli SuperCorsa SC1/2s'

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Delboy

Hi, I'm looking for some opinions.

I've been doing some vintage endurance races and have been running Pirelli SuperCorsa's however, I did notice that the Dunlop Q3+ tires are a great price, I can buy them locally, and Dunlop has a rebate on them at the moment which make them even more attractive

I know they are the spec tire for CSBK Light and you folks ride the snot out of them, so was just wondering what people though of them as a race tire or what they are like compared to the Pirelli. I'll be running 110/140's so I think that's the same spec size for CSBK

Thanks for sharing

Hi, I'm looking for some opinions.

I've been doing some vintage endurance races and have been running Pirelli SuperCorsa's however, I did notice that the Dunlop Q3+ tires are a great price, I can buy them locally, and Dunlop has a rebate on them at the moment which make them even more attractive

I know they are the spec tire for CSBK Light and you folks ride the snot out of them, so was just wondering what people though of them as a race tire or what they are like compared to the Pirelli. I'll be running 110/140's so I think that's the same spec size for CSBK

Thanks for sharing
The Q3+ is a decent tire but it is a street tire. Depending on your speed a race compound tire will have more grip. You can use warmers which will give you hot tires and grip right from the start where as the Q3+ will take a lap to get up to temperature. You may also need to make suspension changes due to differences in tire construction. I would suggest trying them at a track day back to back if you can.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks.

I think if it was for sprint racing a race tire is the way to go but for a three hour endurance they may be OK.

I like your suggestion of a track day. I can try them and if I don't like them I can always put them on the RZ for the street. For the price its not a big investment - assuming we'll actually get to the track in 2020 :(

Thanks.

I think if it was for sprint racing a race tire is the way to go but for a three hour endurance they may be OK.

I like your suggestion of a track day. I can try them and if I don't like them I can always put them on the RZ for the street. For the price its not a big investment - assuming we'll actually get to the track in 2020 :(
Last season on my R3 I used both Dunlop Slicks and the Q3+ the slicks actually last longer. The VRRA races are two hours and at Calabogie the rear slick was used up after two hours but the fronts were still good.

Last season on my R3 I used both Dunlop Slicks and the Q3+ the slicks actually last longer. The VRRA races are two hours and at Calabogie the rear slick was used up after two hours but the fronts were still good.

Good to know. Our endurance is 3 hours but I know Calabogie is very grippy so it may be a little more abrasive than the tracks we run on.

I would love to talk my brother into doing the VRRA endurance at Calabogie as he has a YZF600 track bike and it looks like they are now legal - at least for a trial period - but with this stupid virus who knows what will happen. Just trying to think positively

Yes they do :)

It may be sacrilege but I even have some Suzuki parts on them.

I have a RG125 front and a TZR125 rear on the LC and a FZR600 front and a GSXR400 rear on the RZ. The RZ runs 110/140 and the LC runs 100/120 slicks.

Is not sacrilege, it's necessary.
I'm stuck with 18" on most. My choices are Avon AM22/23 or Conti 2cr. Neither is readily available in Canada.
That's it.

Back
Top Bottom