Tiny little set screw, rounded hex | GTAMotorcycle.com

Tiny little set screw, rounded hex

Jampy00

Site Supporter
Have a slight issue on a part, it has a tiny little set screw to stop two parts from unthreading. The little set screw must have had Loctite applied to it. Being so tiny (maybe a 1.5 to 2mm key) the hex now appears to be "worn" while I will apply heat to ease any Loctite any advise on something to shove in the hex to take up the slack?

I've dealt with this issue on larger sizes but this thing is TINY!!!

Thanks

Can you pound in a torx? obviously once you get it out, throw it out and use a new one.

Can you pound in a torx? obviously once you get it out, throw it out and use a new one.
I'll have to see if they make one that small and I don't want to split the little set screw as it is in aluminum. My hope is the heat will expand the aluminum father than the steel set screw minimizing resistance to remove it. I have an extra so I'm ok there.

I really enjoy this creative problem solving! But I hate the actual problem.. LOL

Get it good and hot - that will relax and unseal the locktite. Let it cool then drive in your torx, it might back out easily.

Another vote for beating a torx in. Where skill and finesse end, ignorance and brute force begin.

DcYVStfWkAUrpZD.jpg

Is it PH0 like tiny??
Any pic?

Maybe try using a thin layer of rubber band or plastic to see if you can get a hold of it?
I had to lookup something similar when trying to remove a ssd heat sink from a motherboard.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom