Ticket for no insurance card and how to fight it? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ticket for no insurance card and how to fight it?

1nmhbacky

Cop pulls me over issued me a ticket for failure to surrender insurance card.
I have insurance though. He said he gave that ticket as a warning because I may have been going a little fast.

Anyone fought this?
It's 65 bucks to pay for it, if I do pay for it, will it result in a conviction and increase in my insurance premium?

Also, if I decide to fight for this, is there a way so I can speak to the justice of peace or prosecutor to show them my insurance card, instead of having to set a trial/court date?

Thank you

dude i've had one of those before in my car.
all u have to do is go to the court office and show the insurance slip to the clerks behind the desk and they'll throw it out.

had 1 for insurance twice and ownership once, just cuz i forgot to put it back in the car after photocopying it

That simple?
I don't even have to set a court date??

Thanks

dude i've had one of those before in my car.
all u have to do is go to the court office and show the insurance slip to the clerks behind the desk and they'll throw it out.

had 1 for insurance twice and ownership once, just cuz i forgot to put it back in the car after photocopying it

You have essentially a 50/50 chance of having the charge dropped, by presenting insurance at First Attendance. It isn't a sure thing because you actually did fail to present an insurance card, at the time that you were stopped. The charge isn't about not having insurance, it's about not carrying the card which is a legal requirement, when operating a vehicle.

Apparently they won't accept just your pink slip anymore (you can cancel a policy and keep the slip).. Word is you gotta get a letter from your insurance company stating that you had valid coverage on the date and time of the offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have essentially a 50/50 chance of having the charge dropped, by presenting insurance at First Attendance. It isn't a sure thing because you actually did fail to present an insurance card, at the time that you were stopped. The charge isn't about not having insurance, it's about not carrying the card which is a legal requirement, when operating a vehicle.

I'm with Rob on this one.

I had this happen when my insurance slip had expired and I never replaced it with the new one I got. I booked a First Attendance, which is a meeting with the prosecutor, no court involved and as soon as I showed that I was insured, the prosecutor said I can go.

I don't believe they will convict you of this.. that would just be sad :(

As ernyov said, get a letter, book a First Attendance and you should be good to go!

he gave you a fail to produce ticket because you may have been going too fast? wtf

He likely didn't have valid evidence to convict on the speed (no RADAR, pacing, or timing), but he certainly had evidence that the OP couldn't produce an insurance card. It's still a valid offence. He could have pulled him over for no other purpose than to check he was properly licensed and insured.

Back
Top Bottom