Team news: Turcotte Performance’s rider Guillaume Fortin moving to Pro Superbike with BMW | GTAMotorcycle.com

Team news: Turcotte Performance’s rider Guillaume Fortin moving to Pro Superbike with BMW

GTAM

Staff member
Dealer/Vendor
Site Supporter
030620-1.jpg

Team Turcotte Performance is pleased to announce that their supported rider Guillaume Fortin, winner of the 2019 Express Lane Amateur Superbike championship, will move to Mopar Pro Superbike class for 2020 aboard a pair of BMW S1000RR racebikes, along with new sponsors and team members.

The Blainville, QC rider is beyond excited to join the pro ranks after his first complete season in the Mopar CSBK Canadian Superbike series; “2019 was great for me, I had great results, my team was fabulous and I am ready for the big step forward. I remember watching top riders like Szoke, Picotte , Martin and Lacombe in the early 2000’s, and I was like…. One day, one day I will be on the same grid. Well this dream will become true in the next few weeks. Can’t wait to go racing with the fast guys!”

The team also has new sponsors in the game. “I will once again be racing for Turcotte Performance, Japeuna Moto, GULF lubricants Canada, TP distribution, RST moto, DP brakes, forsaken motorsports and Kutvek amerika, but for 2020, I would like to thank also DB moto, Painthouse, Vialis.ca, Big ear inc. and 4extinction.org that are joining the team.”

Other interesting sponsorship contracts are yet to be confirmed, but hopes are high for the upcoming season, even if expectations are realistic ; “ I know I can pull fast laptimes, but I am also aware that my fastest laps from 2019 will put me outside the top 10 on the grid, so I will push hard, that’s for sure. I’ve got realistic expectations though, first goal is to keep away from crashing & injuries. I’ve got a great team, but I will not skip steps. I will be on discovery mode for the 2020 season, smooth but fast is the word on the street.”

Turcotte Performance team has won the Team Of The Year award last year and they are ready to fight again for 2020 in both pro, amateur, Sport Bike and Superbike classes. “Yes, I am super proud to be part of the best team out there, I will be racing along very fast and promising riders that are talented enough to be title contenders. It’s a great community, and you know, it’s so cool to travel across Canada with them , it also gives me access to great advices and riding tips for free *laughs* . I am super pumped to race with new bikes for 2020 as well, I will race the mighty S1000RR, which is great because the bike is flawless, and also, I work full-time for BMW in a car dealership, so I love the brand , and thank you to BMW Motorrad Canada that offers a great contingency & discounts program for racers in the CSBK. “

From a press release

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom